Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrive in FRA in F, use FCT for next flight on a separate ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Well... I don’t automatically jump in to defend LH, but I really do think they have to be consistent... Such a big operation could face major difficulties front of house if they just said “We’re saying it’s not really allowed, but because there aren’t too many of you, come on in and get friendly with your rubber duck...” And if they do allow it officially, then why not across the SEN and business lounges (as in my example a few posts ago) too?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
Well... I don’t automatically jump in to defend LH, but because there aren’t too many of you, come on in and get friendly with your rubber duck...”
Neither do i & allegedly you now need to be a Child to get one of those…..
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
And if they do allow it officially, then why not across the SEN and business lounges (as in my example a few posts ago) too?
Well, they do allow SENs to use the SEN lounges on arrival, even without a connecting flight at all.

But as I said: The use of the FCL in A as arrival lounge until my departure on a connecting flight on a separate ticket is good enough; same food, drink, bathrooms, naprooms as the FCT. Usually eat too much there anyway and don't mind the walk to the gate too much.

Then again: a nice ride to the plane is, of course, much better than the bus-boarding of a CRJ.

Old Aug 28, 2022, 1:35 pm

Let’s cut through all this crap… this distinction of 1 ticket v. 2 tickets to allow or disallow access to the FCT when access to the FCL is allowed is nonsense and apparently is a cheap-a$$ move by LH to save on the car expenses. In addition, it just creates needlessly complicated rules for something that should be simple. Obviously, LH can choose to come up with whatever rules they wish.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:07 am

Pre-Covid I was using paid RTW tickets in F. Because of the sector limitation i usually bought a separate Eco ticket FRA-xxx.FRA. Did not wanted to waste 2 of the 16 sectors of the RTYW for this. My TA put everything into the same reservation.
Back then it was never a problem using the FCT.
What is the final word now? FCT or only FCL?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
See # 12

But since there is no FCLB they relaxed the rules on transit F pax, maybe it’s a continuation as they are not prepared to offer the previous FCL provision, i guess someone needs to try…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.