Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrive in FRA in F, use FCT for next flight on a separate ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Post Arrive in FRA in F, use FCT for next flight on a separate ticket?

Originally Posted by chris63
FCT is not an F arrival lounge
...But I think if you fly for example JFK-FRA in F and have a connection on the same day to CDG in C or Y, you can use FCT...??
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
...But I think if you fly for example JFK-FRA in F and have a connection on the same day to CDG in C or Y, you can use FCT...??
ONLY if your flights (and departing flight) are on same ticket with your same day arrived F flight. Or you are HON.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Yes, of course, as long as the connection is on the same ticket, this is an exception to the rules whilst FCLB remains closed.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:21 am
Original Poster

.... an exception to the rules whilst FCLB remains closed.
Hmm... But even before the pandemic I definitely remember arriving in F and continuing in European C a few hours later, all on LH metal... There was no problem at all about exiting, taking a walk past the taxi drivers and entering FCT. Did the rules change?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm... But even before the pandemic I definitely remember arriving in F and continuing in European C a few hours later, all on LH metal... There was no problem at all about exiting, taking a walk past the taxi drivers and entering FCT. Did the rules change?
No, the rules were FCT was for F & HON departures only, FCLA & FCLB were for F transit pax, they relaxed the rules due to the Pandemic situation, of course the PA’s could be lenient, however not nice to be denied access …. HON would never have had an issue since they would have a departing flight ex FRA anyway
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: LH HON
No, the rules were FCT was for F & HON departures only, FCLA & FCLB were for F transit pax, they relaxed the rules due to the Pandemic situation, of course the PA’s could be lenient, however not nice to be denied access …. HON would never have had an issue since they would have a departing flight ex FRA anyway
also for non-HON this never was an issue before
Old Aug 25, 2022, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller
Yes, I definitely wasn’t the only one...
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
I never had an issue pre-covid going to the FCT after arriving on LH F and connecting on LH J on the same ticket. Not even a hint of “this isn’t quite by the rules but we’ll let you in” which makes me think it was consistent with the rules. Now, I remember people posting having issues (or potential issues) if the two flights were on separate tickets.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by NYC1
I never had an issue pre-covid going to the FCT after arriving on LH F and connecting on LH J on the same ticket. Not even a hint of “this isn’t quite by the rules but we’ll let you in” which makes me think it was consistent with the rules.
No issues here either pre-COVID. In fact, didn't LH actually confirm 5-6 years ago, and it was posted here, that this is officially within the rules?
Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Using the FCT to depart FRA on LH/LX/OS in any cabin class after arriving in LH/LX F that day is perfectly within the specified rules. Agents checking/receiving you in to the FCT can see where you are coming from. If its on separate tickets or if you got upgraded to F at the gate they will politely ask you for your inbound F BP.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 6:59 am
Original Poster

As I thought... In the past (pre-pandemic) I never had any hesitation or doubt from LH staff at the FCT entrance, never any “Really you should be in FCL” or “We’ll let you in this time but in future please go to FCL”. I always understood the entry rules for FCT and FCL to be the same in that respect.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Using the FCT to depart FRA on LH/LX/OS in any cabin class after arriving in LH/LX F that day is perfectly within the specified rules. Agents checking/receiving you in to the FCT can see where you are coming from. If its on separate tickets or if you got upgraded to F at the gate they will politely ask you for your inbound F BP.
Didn't the published rules pre-Covid say that you can only use the FCT if your short-haul connection after the long-haul arrival in F is on the same ticket? Pretty sure that was the case. Don't know whether it was really enforced, never tried.

Edit: found the footnote that changed the rules in 2017:
"Gäste, die zu ihrem First Class Flug einen Anschlussflug nutzen, haben Zugang zu den First Class Einrichtungen, sofern die First Class Reise durchgängig gebucht wurde. "
Form then on, the use of the FCT was limited to pax with a connection on LHG metal on the same ticket as the F-arrival

Last edited by worldclubber; Aug 27, 2022 at 2:18 am
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Didn't the published rules pre-Covid say that you can only use the FCT if your short-haul connection after the long-haul arrival in F is on the same ticket? Pretty sure that was the case. Don't know whether it was really enforced, never tried.

Edit: found the footnote that changed the rules in 2017:
"Gäste, die zu ihrem First Class Flug einen Anschlussflug nutzen, haben Zugang zu den First Class Einrichtungen, sofern die First Class Reise durchgängig gebucht wurde. "
Form then on, the use of the FCT was limited to pax with a connection on LHG metal on the same ticket as the F-arrival
Yes & one of the PA’s i know well at FCT told me the separate ticket rule in enforced.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Yes & one of the PA’s i know well at FCT told me the separate ticket rule in enforced.
Stupid bloody rule… I mean, what does it matter?

I’ll never understand how LH execs can sit around a table and decide that such confusing, consumer-unfriendly rules are a great idea…
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vantage03
Stupid bloody rule… I mean, what does it matter?

I’ll never understand how LH execs can sit around a table and decide that such confusing, consumer-unfriendly rules are a great idea…
Well the reasoning behind that as explained to me was inbound F pax who were booked on Life Miles awards & then booked el cheapo intra EU separate. tickets & the FCT & transfer to the aircraft has cost implications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.