Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does LH LAX check-in counter open?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:26 am
Original Poster

I'm flying on LH from LAX - MUC - ATH in J tomorrow. I was hoping to visit both the LAX Polaris lounge and the Star Alliance lounge, as I have never been in either. Unfortunately, Lufthansa's digital check-in keeps rejecting my CDC card, so I won't be able to get a boarding pass until LH's check-in counter opens.

How can I find out when the LH check-in counter opens? Is there any chance United or SWISS can issue a boarding pass? Thank you for your help.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ryan_
I'm flying on LH from LAX - MUC - ATH in J tomorrow. I was hoping to visit both the LAX Polaris lounge and the Star Alliance lounge, as I have never been in either. Unfortunately, Lufthansa's digital check-in keeps rejecting my CDC card, so I won't be able to get a boarding pass until LH's check-in counter opens.

How can I find out when the LH check-in counter opens? Is there any chance United or SWISS can issue a boarding pass? Thank you for your help.
Since LH operate a flight LAX-FRA at 1500, I would expect the counter should be open by 1200. Neither UA nor LX will be able to issue a boarding pass.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Ryan_

Originally Posted by fumje
Since LH operate a flight LAX-FRA at 1500, I would expect the counter should be open by 1200. Neither UA nor LX will be able to issue a boarding pass.
The 3:00 pm LAX-FRA is the earliest flight operated by LH group. So, you need to arrive at TBIT well before 12:00 noon and line up. Hopefully you will be one of the first passengers to be checked in.
You will have a decision to make whether or not you go through the security at TBIT or T7 (United; walk or shuttle to T7). After you visit the Polaris lounge, you will go to TBIT air side (underground tunnel from T6 to T4; but surface from T7 to T6 and T4 to TBIT and elevator up to *A lounge level), which will take about 20 min. See this thread for details: Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer
Good luck.

Last edited by Kmxu; Apr 11, 2022 at 7:00 am Reason: add a link
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:06 am

Last time (Jan of this year) I was there around 11:50 for the 3 pm flight. Check in was already open and not too many people were lining up, especially not at the premium counters.
The TBIT lounge is relatively good. Not sure if it makes sense to spend 15 min + security to go to the Polaris lounge and then 20 min + security to go back, They normally start boarding at least 30 min and it takes 5-10 min from the lounge to the gate.
Btw: LH and Swiss share the same check in counters.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

I arrived to LAX on Southwest at 10:40am, walked to TBIT and had my boarding pass for LH by 11:30am. There was one LH agent and one Austrian agent at the LH/LX/Austrian check-in counters, and I get a boarding pass with all three airlines listed on the bottom. Then I walked to T7 and got into the Polaris Lounge and had lunch. Thank you all for your help!
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.