Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Business Class Lite outbound and Business Class Flex inbound - cancellation terms?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Lite outbound and Business Class Flex inbound - cancellation terms?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know what happens if I book two different types of business class tickets for the outbound vs inbound leg, such that only the inbound has free cancellation - and then I cancel?

Do I actually get a full refund for that leg? I'm not sure why it's offering the option if it doesn't, given there's no other difference on those ticket types that I can see, but the booking site is ambiguous?

(I have a screenshot but not permitted to share it as I'm new on the forum)
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:10 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by bill33331
Does anyone know what happens if I book two different types of business class tickets for the outbound vs inbound leg, such that only the inbound has free cancellation - and then I cancel?

Do I actually get a full refund for that leg? I'm not sure why it's offering the option if it doesn't, given there's no other difference on those ticket types that I can see, but the booking site is ambiguous?

(I have a screenshot but not permitted to share it as I'm new on the forum)
no, typically the most restrictive regulations apply for the whole ticket.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: LH SEN
The booking page fineprint has
In case of combining a non-refundable fare for outbound travel and a refundable fare for inbound travel - or vice versa - the complete ticket will become non-refundable.
which seems unambiguous.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supine
The booking page fineprint has
which seems unambiguous.
thanks! Sorry for the stupid question but where did you find that fineprint? I still can’t see it anywhere?

do you know what happens if I book the flexible ticket both ways and then need to cancel the inbound leg? does the first leg get re-priced as a one way flight before any refund?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
thanks! Sorry for the stupid question but where did you find that fineprint? I still can’t see it anywhere?

do you know what happens if I book the flexible ticket both ways and then need to cancel the inbound leg? does the first leg get re-priced as a one way flight before any refund?
the fare rules have this fineprint
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: LH SEN
If you go to book in LH.com and have selected flights, scroll past the price and you'll see:

Yes, they'll reprice if you cancel a leg.
In case of cancellation of a flight of an already partially used ticket the fare (incl. taxes, fees and surcharges) for the actual flown travel will be recalculated and any applicable fare difference will be collected.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supine
If you go to book in LH.com and have selected flights, scroll past the price and you'll see:

Yes, they'll reprice if you cancel a leg.
thanks for your help. weirdly that statement definitely does not appear for me through the booking sequence on the desktop site but I see it if I switch to mobile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.