Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Me Understand Ticket Validity

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Help Me Understand Ticket Validity

I booked a ticket on July 13, 2021 for travel in September 17, 2021 through AMEX Travel.

My partner tested positive for Covid on September 11, 2021. Thus, the TA cancelled the ticket. She said the tickets would hold value for up to one year, but the rebooking options were vague.

I have called multiple times since to try to rebook and receive conflicting information from the AMEX Travel Agents. One agent said I had to complete all travel by the original booking date (July 13). Another agent said I had to start travel by July 13, 2021. Another agent said I had to rebook by July 13, 2021.

All I have been able to find is the following information. I obviously don't qualify for options 2 and 3 since my was meant to start before August 30, 2021. Other than that, the details in Section 1 are vague.

Thanks for your help.

https://www.lufthansa.com/pe/en/flexible-bookingIf your flight is / was not cancelled by the airline but you would like to change your travel plans, you have the following options:

1. General rebooking rule: Many of our fares can be rebooked. Please refer to the fare conditions for respective exceptions. An additional payment may be required if the fare for the new flight is higher. The rebooking must be made prior to the original scheduled travel date. Please go to My Bookings to change your travel online or contact your travel agency.

Special rules for older tickets which have not been already rebooked:

2. All tickets with a travel date between 01 February 2020 and 31 March 2020 can be exchanged once to a new travel, including changes to your travel class, departure or destination airport *. New travel must start latest by 31 December 2022. The ticket will be recalculated and additional payment may be required if the new fare is higher. To do so, please contact our Service Center or your travel agency by 15 January 2022 and have your ticket number ready.

3. All tickets issued before or on 31 July 2021 with a travel date between 01 April 2020 and 31 August 2021 (issued on/before 31 July 2021) can be exchanged once to a new travel, including changes to your travel class, departure or destination airport *. New travel must start latest by 31 December 2022. The ticket will be recalculated and additional payment may be required if the new fare is higher. To do so, please contact our Service Center or your travel agency by 15 March 2022 and have your ticket number ready.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.