Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Promo: earn double status miles w/integrated partners & FTL/SEN CC spend in 2021

Promo: earn double status miles w/integrated partners & FTL/SEN CC spend in 2021

Old Feb 2, 21, 1:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Arrow Promo: earn double status miles w/integrated partners & FTL/SEN CC spend in 2021

To promote extra ticket sales on LH Group (LH/OS/LX/EW/SN/EN) and integrated partners (LO/OU/LG) and offer their elites an opportunity to retain status during the pandemic, M&M today announced that all existing FTL/SEN & HON will receive the following:

- all flights taken on the above airlines in 2021 will earn twice the usual status miles. The bonus will apply for all flights taken in 2021, regardless on when these were booked. The bonus will be added to the statement retroactively and does not require any registration. The exec bonus will also be doubled.
- all flights in C or F on the above airlines will earn twice the usual HON Circle credits
- all FTL/SEN/HON will earn status miles for having a M&M credit card: just having a CC will earn you 5000 status miles, spend on the card will earn you additional status miles, which vary for each market (e.g. 1€ spend will earn you 2 status miles if you hold a CC issued in Germany). The option to earn status miles via a credit card is capped at 30000 (i.e. 5000 plus 25000 via spend). FTL/SEN/HON who do not have a credit card and apply for a new one in 2021 will automatically receive the credit.

The promotion aims to enable existing FTL/SEN/HON to retain their status in 2021, so all bonus credits are limited to existing elites only. The credits will apply for FTL/SEN to earn SEN/HON if they meet the usual thresholds.

I suppose this promo is to make sure that existing elites don't look elsewhere when booking their meagre trips in 2021. Also it will keep the various credit card partners happy and engaged by chanelling some spend their way Curious how the various credit card salesmen and women (aka 'travel bloggers') will process this news With plenty of P fares all over Europe this will make requalification pretty easy this summer (One P return to the nordics (22-250€) for 3750 status miles)
Dave_C, cas_de, AhogZ and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 2, 21, 1:21 am

Programs: this and that
Finally...
Dave_C likes this.
Old Feb 2, 21, 2:00 am
Original Poster

The press release: https://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/ne...s-in-2021.html

In these times, the Lufthansa Group wants to offer its most loyal customers security early on. For frequent flyers, it is currently not easy to maintain their status or to qualify the current low number of flights. The Lufthansa Group is now making this much easier with far-reaching, one-time special offers. Status miles and HON Circle miles will be automatically doubled this year, regardless of booking class. In addition, Frequent Travellers and Senators will also be able to earn status miles with the Miles & More Credit Card. All goodwill offers are valid for the entire year 2021.

"We are currently flying by sight and are aware of the difficult situation the Corona pandemic poses for our customers as well. Unfortunately, we cannot predict how travel options will develop this year. That is why we create reliability for our most loyal customers by making it much easier to maintain and achieve the frequent flyer status," says Joost Greve, Head of Loyalty at the Lufthansa Group.

Earn double status miles and HON Circle miles for flights

As a special offer, status miles for Frequent Travellers and Senators will be automatically doubled, regardless of booking class. For the first time, all status members will also earn double HON Circle miles for First and Business Class flights. The credits are completely automatic and apply retroactively to flights made since January 1st, 2021. No registration is required. The promotion is valid on all Lufthansa Group flights operated by Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and Lufthansa Private Jet, SWISS, Eurowings, Brussels Airlines, Air Dolomiti and Edelweiss Air. It also applies to flights operated by the partner airlines Croatia Airlines, Luxair and LOT Polish Airlines on which status miles and HON Circle miles are awarded.

Earning status miles with the Miles & More Credit Card

Frequent Travellers and Senators can now also earn status miles outside of flying: for every euro spent with the Miles & More Credit Card, two status miles are credited and count towards the status extension or upgrade to Senator.

"With this attractive additional offer, we are significantly increasing the value of the Miles & More Credit Card for our most loyal customers and additionally expressing our appreciation for their continued loyalty. By using the card in daily life and the associated opportunity to earn status miles beyond flying this year, we are offering a unique advantage and are absolute innovators in doing so," says Sebastian Riedle, Managing Director of Miles & More GmbH.

In addition, every Frequent Traveller or Senator who has a Miles & More Credit Card will be given a one-time credit of 5,000 status miles. The same applies to a successful new application during the promotional period. The accumulated status miles are automatically displayed in the Miles & More mileage account. The maximum value of the promotion is 30,000 status miles in total. The only restriction is that no Select Miles are awarded for status miles earned via the Miles & More Credit Card.

The Lufthansa Group had already made special offers for Miles & More status customers in 2020. At the end of the year, for example, it was announced that HON Circle miles earned in the 2019 calendar year would be credited again and counted toward renewed requalification in 2020 as well as in 2021. Together with Miles & More, Europe's leading frequent flyer and awards programme, the Lufthansa Group is the first company to make its status customers goodwill scheme on this scale.
Old Feb 2, 21, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
Let's see how the summer goes and how much travel is possible. I guess it is better than nothing, but even after this 'gesture', LH Group have been by far the most stingy with their frequent flyers in the pandemic than other FF programmes I am in (TK pretty good, BA OK, although I got no benefit as I qualified anyway).

Shuttle
Old Feb 2, 21, 2:13 am

I'm certainly glad they've done something, but like others, I'm not certain if it'll be enough. Being a UK resident, the simple fact is that I can't actually go anywhere. I think Mexico City is possibly the only long-haul destination on the LH Group route-map that's available to me presently. Double of zero is still zero.
chris63 and EJJBHX like this.
Old Feb 2, 21, 2:24 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Thumbs up fair and correct

Originally Posted by Dave_C View Post
I'm certainly glad they've done something, but like others, I'm not certain if it'll be enough. Being a UK resident, the simple fact is that I can't actually go anywhere .
I think this offer is more than fair and encourages people booking on LH group. This along with some partner specials should make it easily possible for (no lifetime ) SEN's to qualify. May I suggest to focus on the fourth quarter of the year, as almost everything will be possible by then even with precautionary measure's and possibly a mandatory vaccination pass. Like the yellow fever in South America for where I have booked a nice partner special end September.

On a positive note they also leave the door open for further facilitation's should the situation develop in an adverse way.
Old Feb 2, 21, 2:32 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Silver
Great news given that it is only February 2nd.
BTW, I understand that the Status miles already earned with M&M airlines will be doubled soon (in my case it is only 5,5K, but 11K is always better xD ) .
Old Feb 2, 21, 3:46 am
Original Poster

The table for CC spend/earn ratio is here:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...editcards.html

1€/CHF/GBP/USD = 2 status miles
yurtripper likes this.
Old Feb 2, 21, 4:02 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Does this mean I also get HON miles for CC spend?
Old Feb 2, 21, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Nope, only status miles. HON Cirle miles come only via flying C/F on integrated partners.
Old Feb 2, 21, 4:56 am

Interesting, 40 domestic flights on LOT in Y/B would re-qual SEN or promote FTL to SEN.
Old Feb 2, 21, 7:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Thanks oliver2002,

Agree it is a very good initiative from LH M&M, the complain now will come from the ones that managed to qualify last year, that get no advantage from this promo.
Old Feb 2, 21, 8:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Oh dear, this makes HON so close. If only GRU-BOG wasnt cancelled so I could get to my place whilst flying F to GRU. Would just need 2 more of those F trips. Alternatively I could try the LH J direct but i dont like lH J....
Old Feb 2, 21, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Double Status Miles for 2021?

Colleague received this Double Status Miles promotion email. Pretty attractive if one can really earn 600% for LX/LH First flights.
The fine print at the bottom says non-transferrable which suggests that it is targeted. Can't find anything about it on challenged M&M site.
Anyone else receive this email? Is it just a targeted thing or universal?

Old Feb 2, 21, 10:57 am

Interesting news! However, to me 2021 is the "dead" year, as I already requalified my SEN status in 2020, and will hopefully requalify again in 2022 until Feb 2026 before they introduce new rules.
I do have flights booked in F and C on LX and OS in 2021 anyway, too bad no award miles will be doubled for status card holders.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: