Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why has CPT/AMS/BOS/CAI disappeared from booking engine?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Why has CPT/AMS/BOS/CAI disappeared from booking engine?

The award booking form is no longer accepting "CPT" or "Cape Town" as input. Using the airport search function, it seems that Cape Town has disappeared from the list of South African airports (all other SA airports, even the most obscure ones like Hoedspruit or Umtata are still there) Any ideas why?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: Le Club Accor
I checked from Athens 25 April and give me seats both business and economy via Jnb , combine Swiss and Lufthansa .
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: Miles&More
I noticed a similar (but different issue) with Cancun - I am not able to find it in the list anymore (but I do see a lot of other very tiny Mexican airports). Very odd.. ! And I cannot find CPT either.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
M&M periodically forgets destinations, recently all of Canada vanished
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:15 am

On a related topic - is the booking awards broken completely? I can get as far as entering credit card details and it takes me to the "processing payment" page and then just hangs.

Have tried different cards, different browsers, etc.

Anyone managed to book online recently?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:06 am

In the 2-4-1 sale which recently ended, CPT was listed as a destination but at certain points, eg. November there were weeks without any flights offered ( but did to JNB ).
Old Jan 16, 2022, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
In the 2-4-1 sale which recently ended, CPT was listed as a destination but at certain points, eg. November there were weeks without any flights offered ( but did to JNB ).
​​​The fault because of which I started this thread is not a matter of fare class availability but of the booking engine not accepting CPT as a valid destination. As a result, no award bookings are possible in any class on any date. Strange things do happen.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by planestupid
​​​The fault because of which I started this thread is not a matter of fare class availability but of the booking engine not accepting CPT as a valid destination. As a result, no award bookings are possible in any class on any date. Strange things do happen.
Realise that, but my point went to not a single revenue booking can be made. Don’t have to be a conspiracy theorist to think they may be connected…
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:01 pm

I filled out the feedback form and they replied with "try using a different browser and clearing your cookies"

Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Indian Airports missing from MM Calculator

Gents,

running some routes, I've found that almost all Indian airports are not recognized by the MM calculator.
I.e.: DEL, BOM, BLR, AMD

These no small airports. These are routes where LH/LX are flying in F, so I can't really explain why.

Were you aware of this?
Is there something to be done except of filing a formal complain?
And if so, is there any sense? will MM even care?

thanks
Stefan
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:55 am

M&M support came back again and asked:

"After looking into your account overview, we verified that you were able to book an award booking, please double wether Cape Town and Copenhagen are still not being shown to you."

Dilemma: Should I tell them about the workaround? They might remove it if they found out.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by bobhope2
I filled out the feedback form and they replied with "try using a different browser and clearing your cookies"

that's such a b******t.
I recently fly BOG-FRA.
I've calculate that route several times.
Now, BOG option is gone.
I've tried on a different decide with different browser, no cookies or anything: same result.

I'll make both an online and a phone complain and let you know.

This is not acceptable feedback.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: Miles&More
Now Brussels also disappeared from M&M’s website… This is getting out of control!
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Same with SFO. bobhope2 : I'd be interested in the workaround if you're willing to share.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The workarond is to start the booking with a destination that is available and then changing the search in the second step. Nothing secret.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.