Search

Lounges and best use in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Lounges and best use in FRA

Hi everyone;

On Wednesday I fly LH from DUB - FRA and then onto Zurich, overnight Zurich and onto LAX, booked in First. (inter Europe is obviously business)

On arrival in FRA and before my onward Zurich flight, I arrive terminal 1, B gates, is it best to head to A gates and is there a LH First class lounge open for use and worth visiting? Do I get a car pick up on arrival in FRA as a First class ticket?

On return, is the lounge in LAX open, or only business lounge, is it worth extra few hours?

On return arrival in FRA from LAX, I have over 4 hours transfer before Dublin. My Dublin goes from B gates T1, what is best lounge to use? I think the First lounge at B gates is closed? So am I better staying around the A gates and use that lounge? is it a far walk, I believed I have to go through passport, also security?
Can I go to the FCT, I need to go landslide and walk, can I do this? When in the FCT do I get a car to my flight even if its only Dublin?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't flown LH much, I am usually a loyal BA person, but after some really good recent LH experiences, I am converted

Thanks again
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by iainbean
Hi everyone;

On Wednesday I fly LH from DUB - FRA and then onto Zurich, overnight Zurich and onto LAX, booked in First. (inter Europe is obviously business)

On arrival in FRA and before my onward Zurich flight, I arrive terminal 1, B gates, is it best to head to A gates and is there a LH First class lounge open for use and worth visiting? Do I get a car pick up on arrival in FRA as a First class ticket?

On return, is the lounge in LAX open, or only business lounge, is it worth extra few hours?

On return arrival in FRA from LAX, I have over 4 hours transfer before Dublin. My Dublin goes from B gates T1, what is best lounge to use? I think the First lounge at B gates is closed? So am I better staying around the A gates and use that lounge? is it a far walk, I believed I have to go through passport, also security?
Can I go to the FCT, I need to go landslide and walk, can I do this? When in the FCT do I get a car to my flight even if its only Dublin?
From arrival at FRA you can only use the business lounge prior to your flight to ZRH, FCL access is only for same day departure or arrival in F.

LAX Star A lounge has a First Class area & it’s not what it was pre COVID but it’s good.

On arrival from LAX go to FCT & they will drive you to your DUB flight

All of this has been discussed before, search function here is your friend
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by iainbean
Hi everyone;

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't flown LH much, I am usually a loyal BA person, but after some really good recent LH experiences, I am converted

Thanks again
Unfortunately your DUB-FRA-ZRH flights are not on the same day as your flight in F so LH will not let you into their FCT/FCL and you will not be getting a car pickup in case of outside/non-gate position. The FCL A is only open in the mornings.

On your return (you will arrive at Z, which is the non-Schengen area above A, not at A therefore) there is a small F area in the B SEN lounge but you have FCT access (assuming you are allowed to enter Schengen and comply with German COVID entry restrictions including the recently adopted 3 shots/2 shots + PCR rule). Given your long transit time and lack of alternative lounge, if allowed, you should go landslide and walk to the FCT. You will be driven to your DUB flight from the FCT & the PA who will welcome you in the FCT will come to inform you when it's time to leave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.