Search

Impossible to book first class despite availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More
Angry Impossible to book first class despite availability

Hi,

I am trying to book a flight from BRU to MEX in first class on 19 February. M&M's website shows availability, everything goes fine when I try to book online (I can even select seats etc.) except when I want to pay as I get the following error message:

I contactd the M&M customer service but she says she only finds economy tickets (which is odd since their website also has a lot of availability in BIZ). Does anyone know whether there is any hope to get this flight booked?

Thanks a lot,
Alex

Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
No problem with availability from FRA-MEX in F ( 0 ) for 19th February & the app would let me pay, but I’m busy elsewhere
ppyszk likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris63
No problem with availability from FRA-MEX in F ( 0 ) for 19th February & the app would let me pay, but I’m busy elsewhere
Hi Chris63 - so the app does let me pay (I can enter my credit card details etc. I even got re-directed to my bank website), but when I do the payment I get this error message. I just tried to book the same flight but departing from MAD instead of BRU (as I am quite indifferent between travelling from Madrid or Brussels) and I got the exact same error message. I tried the app, website (different brwosers) - nothing works.

Quite frustrating too that the M&M lady on the phone wasn't helpful at all and was just repeating there is only economy seats available on that date...

Last edited by alexmaron; Jan 6, 2022 at 10:38 am
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alexmaron
Hi Chris63 - so the app does let me pay (I can enter my credit card details etc. I even got re-directed to my bank website), but when I do the payment I get this error message. Quite frustrating too that the M&M lady on the phone wasn't helpful at all and was just repeating there is only economy seats available on that date...
LH / M&M IT is terrible……

All 8 seats are available so should be no problem with availability, call again or speak to LH IT support
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:08 am
Original Poster

LH / M&M IT is terrible……

All 8 seats are available so should be no problem with availability, call again or speak to LH IT support
So I called M&M again (the German team this time) and they confirmed that there is no availability in First on that day and that it must be an error on the M&M website. They then re-directed me to the IT service which and they said they'd issue a ticket and a technician will look into the issue (but confirmed again that if the M&M teaml doesn't see any availability, it means that the issue comes from the M&M website). Looks like I can forget about flying first class for the first time.. !
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alexmaron
So I called M&M again (the German team this time) and they confirmed that there is no availability in First on that day and that it must be an error on the M&M website. They then re-directed me to the IT service which and they said they'd issue a ticket and a technician will look into the issue (but confirmed again that if the M&M teaml doesn't see any availability, it means that the issue comes from the M&M website). Looks like I can forget about flying first class for the first time.. !
Crazy, still showing availability online & since the cabin is currently empty, that’s how it should be.

You could try the regular line, not M&M but in Germany & explain that it’s online, just won’t accept the payment & that the cabin is empty so availability should be there.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:59 am

Weird story, Expertflyer shows F8 that day as well, looks like F is wide open indeed.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mercflight
Weird story, Expertflyer shows F8 that day as well, looks like F is wide open indeed.
Exactly & the taxes & fees are high…..
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:42 am

Outrageous how LHG can’t get its IT right.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by mercflight
F8 does not mean that award space is open. Especially for a flight within the next 1 to 2 months. In addition A shows only 2 places. With A=2 there are normally no awards spaces opened up.
What also weights in is that - based on the communication from LH - people are more open to "Buy" F tickets since travel is possible again post-covid. Therefore the logical approach of LH. Why to give F seats away as awards?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by athome
Therefore the logical approach of LH. Why to give F seats away as awards?
Last time I checked LH didn’t give F awards away, this one is. 101,000 miles & 356.62 EUR in Taxes & ‘fees’ that’s a lot of miles, which takes quite a while for a M&M member to earn & not an inconsiderable amount of cash 💰

On top of that it is available online, advertised for purchase & the cabin is F8
DoctorORD likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
But as the cheapest return A class costs 4485 EUR + taxes and the cheapest return F class ticket costs 8985 EUR + taxes, 101,000 miles are a bargain.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But as the cheapest return A class costs 4485 EUR + taxes and the cheapest return F class ticket costs 8985 EUR + taxes, 101,000 miles are a bargain.
Awards are an advertised benefit

This particular award is advertised for purchase with said miles

What are you suggesting this member does with his hard earned miles, shop at world shop ? 101,000 miles is one way !
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:59 am
Original Poster

I am not asking LH to offer F awards on all/some of their flights - this is up to them. I am just saying that, if they advertise something on their website (in this particular case, the flight still shows up on M&M website), they should allow people to benefit from this award/bargain (no matter how you call it).
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:20 pm

Awards are an advertised benefit

This particular award is advertised for purchase with said miles

What are you suggesting this member does with his hard earned miles, shop at world shop ? 101,000 miles is one way !
Exactly, and this is even worse considering how M&M tries to screw members (see e.g. the recent thread about expiring miles) left and right. Now you can't even finalize a booking because their IT sucks--this isn't even because there's no space offered, but there's a payment glitch. Come on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.