Wiki Posts
Search

Lh456 fra-lax

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Sliver,LH Senator,Emirates Platimium
Lh456 fra-lax

I have a flight on Saturday 8th with a connection of 3hours in LAX on one ticket .
When I am looking on the data of this flight , i see that it is always late between half an hour to one hour .
i have two questions , do you think I can still make my connection if LH 456 is one hour late ( my plane is leaving at 4.10 pm from terminal 6 ) and second question how many time does it take to pass immigration and customs in LAX.
Thank you .
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:31 pm

In the last several days there were severe headwinds. Flight to LAX was longer, coming back much shorter and extremely bumpy (experienced that myself last week).
Do you have global entry? If yes you will be at the luggage belt before the luggage starts to come out. A few weeks back the immigration lines where relatively short when arriving with LH456. It took me around 25 min between docking and arriving outside of the terminal (with Global Entry and Priority luggage).
My guess is that you will be able to drop of your luggage in less than 1 hour after docking.
Then add the walk to T6 and security... there. I would not be worried if the delay of LH456 is less than 1 hour,.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:27 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by FromGVA
I have a flight on Saturday 8th with a connection of 3hours in LAX on one ticket .
When I am looking on the data of this flight , i see that it is always late between half an hour to one hour .
i have two questions , do you think I can still make my connection if LH 456 is one hour late ( my plane is leaving at 4.10 pm from terminal 6 ) and second question how many time does it take to pass immigration and customs in LAX.
Thank you .
I arrived on LX40 in December and immigration was extremely smooth, less than 10 minutes. Agreed, arrival time was not the same.
but if you are on 1 ticket it is the airline‘s responsibility, should you miss the connection, to find alternatives.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Sliver,LH Senator,Emirates Platimium
Thank you very much.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
without checked luggage, no problem. With checked luggage YMMV. Currently baggage handling at US airports is massively impacted by the Covid spike and many reports having to wait very long for bags to arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.