Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID19: vaccination/test requirements for German transit

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ocdb8r
I can confirm that today I had no problem entering Germany (Schengen to Schengen, flying from Amsterdam to Munich on KLM) with my CDC vaccination card. KLM check-in took a while to read the rules at (this is normal these days given they are changing so often) but was able to confirm proof of vaccination was sufficient for transit or entry. The agent then paused for a moment and said "but you haven't had your second dose", to which I replied "the Janssen (Johnson&Johnson) vaccine is a single dose." She apologized for not being aware and printed my boarding pass.

Upon deplaning, we were met by German security who asked to see my ID, registration (as I am staying in Germany - not required for transit) and PCR test. I indicated I was fully vaccinated, showed them my (EU) Passport, proof of digital registration and my CDC card. They were looked over and I was permitted to proceed into the terminal.

(Apologies for the KLM details as I know this is a Lufthansa forum, but I thought most of my experience still relevant here).
Wow that was a fast response. Thank you! However, I am a US passport holder. Will that make any difference? Again, I am merely transiting Non-schengen to Non-schengen. I certainly wouldn't want to be stopped and held by security upon disembarkation. That would put quite a damper on my holiday.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I can confirm that today I had no problem entering Germany (Schengen to Schengen, flying from Amsterdam to Munich on KLM) with my CDC vaccination card. KLM check-in took a while to read the rules at (this is normal these days given they are changing so often) but was able to confirm proof of vaccination was sufficient for transit or entry. The agent then paused for a moment and said "but you haven't had your second dose", to which I replied "the Janssen (Johnson&Johnson) vaccine is a single dose." She apologized for not being aware and printed my boarding pass.

Upon deplaning, we were met by German security who asked to see my ID, registration (as I am staying in Germany - not required for transit) and PCR test. I indicated I was fully vaccinated, showed them my (EU) Passport, proof of digital registration and my CDC card. They were looked over and I was permitted to proceed into the terminal.

(Apologies for the KLM details as I know this is a Lufthansa forum, but I thought most of my experience still relevant here).
Good to hear. I am planning to ask to note the vaccination after second dose of Pfizer into my yellow vaccine booklet when my yellow fever is. I reckon it will be more universally ackowledged then some piece of a4 paper in Slovak with a stamp on it...
Old May 17, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
Wow that was a fast response. Thank you! However, I am a US passport holder. Will that make any difference? Again, I am merely transiting Non-schengen to Non-schengen. I certainly wouldn't want to be stopped and held by security upon disembarkation. That would put quite a damper on my holiday.
My flight isn't until this weekend, so I can't confirm, but it appears that the same rule applies to US passport holders according to this link: https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information.html
Old May 17, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by scotty00
My flight isn't until this weekend, so I can't confirm, but it appears that the same rule applies to US passport holders according to this link: https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information.html
This link suggests one needs a test if transiting non schengen to non schengen but Timatic says otherwise. This is confusing.
Old May 17, 2021, 11:29 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This guide is updated with the latest: https://lufthansa.travel-regulations...arget=external
Old May 18, 2021, 6:12 am

Wonderful news, thank you!
Old May 18, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Will Lufthansa accept antigen test from an app like NAVICA

Working on some travel via FRA and am wondering if I can board the flight from the US with antigen test on my app called NAVICA. We have used this app to come back to US and the antigen test was accepted. Just wondering if anyone out here has had a positive experience getting on board and then entering Germany showing negative anitgen results proving they do not have COVID and entered? NAVICA is associated with home test kits from eMed.
Thank you
Old May 18, 2021, 5:52 pm

Programs: Lufthansa
Covid-19 Vaccine

Hello my husband and I are fully vaccinated. Do we need a Negative Covid test for a flight form LAX to Prague via Frankfurt? Can't find it on LH.com. We are US passport holders.
Thank you
Old May 19, 2021, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by ACC2008
Working on some travel via FRA and am wondering if I can board the flight from the US with antigen test on my app called NAVICA. We have used this app to come back to US and the antigen test was accepted. Just wondering if anyone out here has had a positive experience getting on board and then entering Germany showing negative anitgen results proving they do not have COVID and entered? NAVICA is associated with home test kits from eMed.
Thank you
Home testing is not accepted unless supervised (e.g. by video) and that the identity is verified (e.g. showing passport in the video).

As follows from the Ordinance on Coronavirus Entry Regulations ( CoronavirusEinreiseverordnung) of 12 May 2021, testing must have been conducted or supervised in the Federal Republic of Germany or abroad by a service provider pursuant to section 6 (1) of the Coronavirus Testing Ordinance (Coronavirus-Testverordnung) or, in the context of company-based testing for the purpose of occupational health and safety, by staff who have - 2 - the required training, knowledge and experience or must have been conducted or supervised abroad by an entity authorised to do so under the law of the country concerned.The third party must also verify and confirm the identity of the person tested by means of an official photo ID. The certificate/test result shall indicate the date of testing and the type of test used.
Source: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/...ublicationFile
Old May 19, 2021, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 8420PR
Home testing is not accepted unless supervised (e.g. by video) and that the identity is verified (e.g. showing passport in the video).

Source: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/...ublicationFile
The NAVICA/eMed test meets that criteria.
Old May 19, 2021, 6:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Whiskana
Hello my husband and I are fully vaccinated. Do we need a Negative Covid test for a flight form LAX to Prague via Frankfurt? Can't find it on LH.com. We are US passport holders.
Thank you
No showing proof of vacciantion will suffice

https://lufthansa.travel-regulations...h-enabled=true

Tc. Transiting Germany from High Incidence Areas, Risk Areas and Non-Risk Areas to any destination outside Germany:

Transfer from any country via Germany to Schengen destinations: All passengers (all nationalities) older than 6 years must provide one of the following medical certificates (in German, English, French, Italian or Spanish):
  • Negative COVID Test result (digital or printed): Either PCR, LAMP or TMA test, taken within 72 hours before entry into Germany, or AntiGen test, taken with 24 hours before entering Germany.
  • Proof of Immunity (digital or printed): positive PCR-/LAMP-/TMA-test, issued between 28 days and 6 months before entry
  • Proof of Vaccination (digital or printed): Completed vaccination, i.e. final dose has been given 14 days ago, the vaccine must be approved by
Paul-Ehrlich-Institute .

Last edited by oliver2002; May 19, 2021 at 6:54 am
Old May 19, 2021, 9:12 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
That's good news and a step in the right direction. I wonder how long it will take until other countries (outside of the EU) will pass similar rules that will enable people to start travelling again.
Old May 19, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
EU just announced that vaccinated American tourists welcome

Originally Posted by cas_de
That's good news and a step in the right direction. I wonder how long it will take until other countries (outside of the EU) will pass similar rules that will enable people to start travelling again.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...rs-2021-05-19/

European Union countries agreed on Wednesday to ease COVID-19 travel restrictions on non-EU visitors ahead of the summer tourist season, a move that could open the bloc's door to all Britons and to vaccinated Americans.
Old May 19, 2021, 12:21 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...rs-2021-05-19/

European Union countries agreed on Wednesday to ease COVID-19 travel restrictions on non-EU visitors ahead of the summer tourist season, a move that could open the bloc's door to all Britons and to vaccinated Americans.
I know, that's why I made the comment. I tried to allude that the US, Canada, etc. should consider making a similar move to ease travel restrictions...
Old May 19, 2021, 12:23 pm

Thanks for this! I am traveling from San Francisco to Santorini via Frankfurt (Lufthansa). Do you know if I need to register on any Ministry of Health of German?

I did one for Greece, which is required. Customer Service from LH told me I need to register, which I don't think I need to. So it is a bit confusing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.