FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19: vaccination/test requirements for German transit
Old May 17, 2021, 8:10 am
wanderlustFL

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ocdb8r
I can confirm that today I had no problem entering Germany (Schengen to Schengen, flying from Amsterdam to Munich on KLM) with my CDC vaccination card. KLM check-in took a while to read the rules at (this is normal these days given they are changing so often) but was able to confirm proof of vaccination was sufficient for transit or entry. The agent then paused for a moment and said "but you haven't had your second dose", to which I replied "the Janssen (Johnson&Johnson) vaccine is a single dose." She apologized for not being aware and printed my boarding pass.

Upon deplaning, we were met by German security who asked to see my ID, registration (as I am staying in Germany - not required for transit) and PCR test. I indicated I was fully vaccinated, showed them my (EU) Passport, proof of digital registration and my CDC card. They were looked over and I was permitted to proceed into the terminal.

(Apologies for the KLM details as I know this is a Lufthansa forum, but I thought most of my experience still relevant here).
Wow that was a fast response. Thank you! However, I am a US passport holder. Will that make any difference? Again, I am merely transiting Non-schengen to Non-schengen. I certainly wouldn't want to be stopped and held by security upon disembarkation. That would put quite a damper on my holiday.