Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Promo: earn double status miles w/integrated partners & FTL/SEN CC spend in 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: earn double status miles w/integrated partners & FTL/SEN CC spend in 2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Time for you to get a Revolut account...
dromack likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:35 pm

Quick question about status miles with this promo

I am a Senator and if I fly a 5000 mile intercontinental business route in P and Z class what would the status mile accrual be?
Thank you.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:02 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by akaza1
I am a Senator and if I fly a 5000 mile intercontinental business route in P and Z class what would the status mile accrual be?
Thank you.
In my understanding:
P = 100 %
Z = 150 %
Flying on LH group metal: Add 25 % executive bonus and multiply the whole by 2

5000 effective great circle miles in Z will be 17500 status miles.

Please correct me ! I need to know too .
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I need a slight re-education about the status and normal miles thing. Status miles are what you get to help towards your status and normal miles are what you actually get on your account which you can use for awards etc. I haven't paid too much attention because I usually get FTL on segments.

So will any cheaper LH/LX business fare do, or do you get as few status miles as normal miles? And what makes the Luxair offers stand out?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Be careful that the biz LG offer for 2 at 499 quietly went down to 1250 ex elite bonus
Old Mar 27, 2021, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
So will any cheaper LH/LX business fare do, or do you get as few status miles as normal miles? And what makes the Luxair offers stand out?
status miles are based on booking class.

Spend some time on https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en..._basic_01.html as the section Status miles/Booking class system spells out what status miles you earn on different types of flights in the various booking classes. There are similar pages for LX, OS etc etc but LH Group are all basically identical, YMMV with airlines outside the group.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
Hi Everyone,

I'm an Ex HON but currently have no LH group status. (I maintain Gold with TK and BA). Considering potentially using the current 300k threshold to requalify for HON as fits my travel pattern for the coming few years, assuming things bounce back, however, I can't find a definite answer anywhere
on whether the double status promotion applies to those who do not hold status currently. Does any one have any experience with that question?

Many thanks,
Daniel
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by danielbk
Hi Everyone,

I'm an Ex HON but currently have no LH group status. (I maintain Gold with TK and BA). Considering potentially using the current 300k threshold to requalify for HON as fits my travel pattern for the coming few years, assuming things bounce back, however, I can't find a definite answer anywhere
on whether the double status promotion applies to those who do not hold status currently. Does any one have any experience with that question?

Many thanks,
Daniel
Yes, it does apply for entry level members as well.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it seems I would need to aim for booking classes C, D and J (2,000 status miles) or, at a push, Z (1,250 status miles).
I thought there was some interesting exception about Luxair. And I wonder about Croatia Airlines?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:02 am

Hi,

I have received so far my 30000status miles from credit cards, Luxair BCEE and AMEX Brussels Airlines
luckily I have bought furnitures which I already paid in december 2020 and they were on the january transaction

I have also bought Luxair C offer, duo, Z get total miles of 6252 miles (1563 one leg and it get double promoted)
so my FTL should be fine

later I will go for SEN with either one long haul and one short european D
or 3x european D

like these for example:

cheers,
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:17 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Concerto
You guys must be serious spenders! I certainly won't get anywhere the limit. Unless I can work out how to pay my taxes and Krankenkasse with a CC here in Schweiz.
However, I have several M&M cards and they all seem to be giving the bonus, which is good.
I pay my Krankenkasse (Sanitas) with CC.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Time for you to get a Revolut account...
I can't believe this never occurred to me!
Old Apr 3, 2021, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It actually never occurred to me either. But I had read quite a lot of odd things about Revolut in the UK (as well as Curve) so I thought I would just give it a miss generally.
As for the Krankenkasse, I pay it for a whole year in one go and I rather suspect CSS won't take a card payment.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, it does apply for entry level members as well.
Hi there,

Are you sure? I have no status and haven't received anything with the Brussels Airlines Amex.
If you're right you can actually get FTV from home just by spending? (30K spend + 5K bonus for having the card)
Old Apr 10, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Hi there,

Are you sure? I have no status and haven't received anything with the Brussels Airlines Amex.
If you're right you can actually get FTV from home just by spending? (30K spend + 5K bonus for having the card)
The promo is only meant for status holders, which is described in the first post of the thread, and it is also in the title of the thread.
The maximum 30K you can get from the credit card includes the 5K bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.