Wiki Posts
Search

Buy on board coming to LH/OS/LX/EN regional flights in 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2020, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Absolutely true and I love them - only afraid that Lufty will go for something which has a longer 'best before' date....
Haha, you are probably right!
NewAtlantis likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

People should interpret 'BOB' to be "Bring On Board'. Problem solved.
lhrpete and Above like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Exec, LH M&M
Disappointing. Minimum service should include a small bottle of water and a snack
Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Looks like I'm in the minority here but to me this is an improvement. I very much dislike the current sandwich offering and always decline any economy class snacks. With BoB I can now have something proper to eat on board for example if I am in a hurry to the plane and have not had time to eat at the airport. I do agree that complimentary coffee/tea/water would be nice but IMO if one really needs something else to drink they can as well buy it.
Greg45 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While its true that customers had been contacting LH asking for BOB (I was one of them so it's good to see my letters are listened to), I totally reject the use of the climate EMERGENCY being a reason behind this.

The press release says:
With the new concept, the airlines are also investing more heavily in sustainability by selecting environmentally friendly products and packaging and by reducing food waste through more customized production.
The only sustainable airline is an airline that doesn't fly at all. There's 7 years left to save the world. This isn't difficult. So, please Frau "who doesn't like her Umlauts" Förster don't you dare say you give even a morsel of care for environmentally friendly matters.

According to the information posted on the LX forum, they will continue to offer water and a chocolate?
Thysk likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Big let down. Will they really go the route of no free water/juice?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Retail inMontion, the BOB wing of LSG, just put out a PR saying they will do the catering, so I'm assuming its going to be the same for LX and OS, but you never know. RiM does EW and WK's(?) BOB service too.
It will be very disappointing if everything is downgraded to the standards or Eurowings.

How long until the business class offering is a free choice from the trolley?
Dover2Golf and NewAtlantis like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
From the PR of RiM

From spring 2021, the new high-quality food and beverage products will be available to Economy class
passengers on Lufthansa, SWISS, and Austrian Airlines short- and medium-haul flights. Based on their respective
brand identity, Retail inMotion designed individual product concepts together with the airlines. The common
denominator will be the emphasis on fresh, regional highlights, as well as a carefully selected and curated
assortment of snacks and drinks. The new concept will be introduced consecutively by each airline and replace
complimentary snacks.
So I guess its one solution for all and means that Do&Co is gone for OS on regional routes for sure.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by lhrpete
How long until the business class offering is a free choice from the trolley?
Also remove the free middle seat... called the SK-concept

To be honest, the meals in J were nothing to write home about anyway. I can live without those for the odd 45-120 minutes flight and probably wouldn’t even notice.
Thysk and flyertalker28120 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I thought Lufthansa were embarrassed by the dreadful service that Eurowings offers and generally by the presence of Eurowings, basically ersatz Germanwings (ugh...does anybody miss them?). Everything about that airline sucks. The only thing that is good about it is that you can get miles and flight segments.
lhrpete and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by oliver2002
From the PR of RiM

So I guess its one solution for all and means that Do&Co is gone for OS on regional routes for sure.
Does that mean that also the current Globus offer of Swiss will be replaced ? Or would Globus be one of the "regional" sub-suppliers ?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Folks, please vote with your wallets and just fly a ULCC like Easyjet/ryanair/Wizz on shorter European flights, at least you get an extremely cheap base fare for basically the same experience.
Dave_C, lhrpete, TAP-A343 and 6 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
Folks, please vote with your wallets and just fly a ULCC like Easyjet/ryanair/Wizz on shorter European flights, at least you get an extremely cheap base fare for basically the same experience.
This.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 1:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The AFKL marketing department is going:

Thank God LH Group went first.
Dave_C, lhrpete, Gajan and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
At the LH Group airline hubs, are there any retailers that sell kimchi for on-board consumption? Enough of that being eaten on board LG Group airlines' short-haul flights may be just enough to cause a customer revolt over this customer-unfriendly change by LH group airlines.

Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
Indeed the gap between the "full service" airlines and the LCCs is narrowing to the point where people will be doing more and more of just that. It's just that old customer habits tend to be sticky and that there may still be a greater convenience factor in flying with the "full service" airlines than in flying with the LCCs.
bluesaturn likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 18, 2020 at 2:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.