Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy on board coming to LH/OS/LX/EN regional flights in 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by 8mh
Just out of curiosity: I see you are hailing from MAD. When passing through MAD the other day, I saw an ad for IB's new BoB product or, more accurately, pre-order product. Has that started yet? If you, did you by any chance try it out?

It looks as if all major euro carriers have launched their new eco F&B product at this time. Well, except for AF and KL which aren't changing up. It'd be interesting to see how the LH product stacks up vs. the competition.
This pre-order has already started (some weeks ago), but now it will be updated. I´ve never used that, because flying in Economy <1h (BCN, BIO...), I have a great Dali Lounge food (it´s really great now) , and on longer flights (Canary Islands, BER...), I try to fly in C Anyway, maybe it´s an error, but even with C ticket booking, you can still pre-order Y-food.
FlyerTalker324193 likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: LH Miles&More, TP Miles&Go Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Today? LH was always the VW Passat of airlines...
It´s now a basic trim VW Polo on short/medium haul flights.
Old May 22, 2021, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by TAP-A343
It´s now a basic trim VW Polo on short/medium haul flights.
VW Crafter would be a better simile.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 11:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Cake

Mozzarella Sandwich 🥪

On the way out the kids were content with candy and the lemonade. The SheO ordered the sandwich. The report was 'its OK'. On the return all of them ordered the cake with lemonade and coffee. Reports also came back with 'OK'. SheO reported the coffee had a 'strange filter thing' but tasted 'normal'.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:16 am
Suspended

My impression is the description of "regionality" in the BoB announcement was a misnomer. It is differentiated not regionally, but nationally.

What I'm saying is that my impression is that every July flight on LH gets an identical "Onboard Delights" menu, every LX flight the same "Swiss Saveurs" menu, every OS flight the same "Austrian Melangerie" menu.

Could somebody please confirm or refute this? Second question: How frequently do they update the menu, is it once per quarter?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:24 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Cake

Mozzarella Sandwich 🥪

On the way out the kids were content with candy and the lemonade. The SheO ordered the sandwich. The report was 'its OK'. On the return all of them ordered the cake with lemonade and coffee. Reports also came back with 'OK'. SheO reported the coffee had a 'strange filter thing' but tasted 'normal'.
And so the LH obsession with half sandwiches continues.... as does the stingy filling... Frankly Retail inMotion can do much better.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Well, the filling was there, the photo was not very flattering.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Helga has made a big boo-boo by continuing with the same brands then you can feel really ripped off. A bottle of Warsteiner, 3,50 EUR...goodness me, even on FRA-KRK the purser with his/her/theirself's little PIL would often offer two. To think that cost 7 EUR, a huge part of the fare basis on her dumpy dumpy ex-PL tickets...

I see she's also gone full-blown Commie and doesn't allow you to BYOB and I thought those bottles of Beck's Gold were just to be taken away?

The Onboard Delights are all about sustainability, which is why the printed version of this menu, which you’ll find on board, was printed on FSC-certified paper and we offset the carbon footprint of the printing with our partner natureOffice in favour of the forest protection project “Deutschland plus Hunsrück”. With this in mind: Enjoy reading!
For an airline... bit like an poacher saying he only takes ivory from the nastiest Hippos

Last edited by hugolover; Jul 23, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:32 pm

The stats for the first weeks: (May 25 - July 16)

Pax take rate: 8.4%

Target Spend: 0.70€/pax onboard Actual: 0.69
Top Seller 1. Dallmayr Coffee, 2. Sandwich (Beefpastrami).
Top Routes: 1. FRA-PMI, 2. MUC-IBZ

Last edited by oliver2002; Jul 27, 2021 at 1:47 pm
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
They have 84% take rate and still only 0.69 per pax spend?

That's like... 82 cents per purchase, even if it's pretax, it's only just around 1 euro per transaction.

so they are selling cheap coffee, and then like one or two sandwiches per plane.

I struggle to see how that is worth the effort.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
wait a moment... a coffee is supposed to be 3 EUR.

Those numbers don't make sense.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

84% not a chance that is happening on my flights, more than 8/10 pax handing over beans to Helga. No airline has stats like that.

8.4% that would make sense.
lhrpete and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:50 pm

8.4%, sorry, missed a decimal. So on an A321 with 200 pax about 17 will bite and buy stuff for 138€, ie 8.11€ per buying pax and 0.69€ per pax onboard.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jesus, and that's worth lugging about, the supply chain, the carbon emissions which is "all about SUSTAINABILITY".

The plastic cups are one thing, but the bottles contain more water than the cup she would dole out so carbon emissions might be up or the same.

I keep mentioning that because...

The Onboard Delights are all about sustainability
and I take Carsten at this word, he would never tell a fib
Old Jul 27, 2021, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This sort of clarifies why I think this whole concept is wrong, especially for a major network connecting carrier. I think British Airways saw that it was somehow not the ideal way to take their service concept, recently introducing a pre-order service which I thought wasn't such a bad idea. Mistake they made was to not offer small the possibility of making spontaneous purchases, like a cup of coffee or chocolate biscuit. Don't know how it's worked out, because I never fly BA.

Last edited by Concerto; Jul 28, 2021 at 2:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.