Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
I was wondering about that - thought I was an idiot not finding a light switch but I was tired so didn't want to ask. Just used my eye shades from the amenity kit to take a nap. So odd.
They kept telling me it was for safety reasons, however in the much better MUC FCL bedrooms you can switch the lights off completely, go figure...
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:10 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris63
Don't think that will work, HON can use FCL as arrival lounge & guest a pax but doubt your F BP will work guesting an OS pax off same flight from VIE as not continuing with you to MEX but you could always try.
The Lufthansa F lounges have always been for First Class passengers (and HON) and their companions and family; my understanding is that the same-flight restriction was put in place to limit guests to actual travel companions and avoid guesting of strangers-- that's why the requirements are looser for admission of family:

• For admission to the First Class Lounges, travelling companions must show a valid boarding pass for the same flight as that of the person inviting them. Life partners, spouses and children under 18 must show a valid boarding pass for a flight on the same day as that of the person inviting them.
Passengers arriving on the same flight and departing on different flights are traveling companions, not strangers and such travelers can certainly present boarding passes "for the same flight".

There is the traditional "departure boarding pass rule" (departure boarding pass dictates lounge access) with the "LH first class passenger rule" (in which case being an 'F passenger for the day of the journey determines access at all lounges at all airports that day). Add the "F companion rule" (same flight) to the "F passenger rule" (same day) and it is not a foregone conclusion that the departure flight from the local airport must be the flight in common.

I have never heard of arguing one's way into a Lufthansa lounge, but I think the rules are on the side of admission in this case.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:32 am

Haha thanks for your answers guys...well if the flight doesn't get canceled, if we don't go into lockdown here and if the FCL doesn't close......
  • For admission to the First Class Lounges, traveling companions must show a valid boarding pass for the same flight as that of the person inviting them. Life partners, spouses and children under 18 must show a valid boarding pass for a flight on the same day as that of the person inviting them.
The problem with that is that although it doesn't specify the same flight being arriving or departing...we both come together on a flight from VIE-FRA (no F just J)...and since I am not HON or anything like that, what gets me into the FCL is the F onward ticket to MEX...which my colleague doesn't have...and if I show that to get access to the F lounge, it would not be "the same flight" for my colleague
We might try it anyway and I'll report back his layover in FRA isn't so long anyway so it's not big deal if he doesn't get in

Right now the question is if this trip will even happen
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:33 am

You could always hold hands and claim you're in a relationship
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
You could always hold hands and claim you're in a relationship
I read that and thought about it Lol...for partners and spouses it just says a BP for a fight the same day
Old Oct 29, 2020, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NickRivas
I read that and thought about it Lol...for partners and spouses it just says a BP for a fight the same day
Yes, new spouse or life partner would clinch it
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:02 pm

So any news on the FCL closing or if the services will be cut down even more next week with the whole Germany lockdown thing?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I called the HON line and they seemed certain that the FCL A will remain open with the current level of service.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by sophialite
I called the HON line and they seemed certain that the FCL A will remain open with the current level of service.
damn you're like an expert <3 thanks
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by NickRivas
damn you're like an expert <3 thanks
Well we'll see. I'll probably call again on November 2 just to be sure.

Anyways, this won't apply to me as my next LH flight (in F no less) is in January, so hopefully lockdown over by then? We'll see. Am more concerned about whether the lounges in CDG are closed as I'm flying through there in a few weeks.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:35 pm

Anyways, this won't apply to me as my next LH flight (in F no less) is in January, so hopefully lockdown over by then? We'll see. Am more concerned about whether the lounges in CDG are closed as I'm flying through there in a few weeks.
Similar, on return I'll transit at LHR if this even happens, wonder if the LH lounge will remain open

oh well #firstworldproblems
Old Nov 2, 2020, 2:16 am
Suspended

As discussed in the other thread, the FCL will remain open but no in-lounge consumption of F&B from today onwards. You won't be allowed to consume outside food. At the lounge, you may elect to pick up a doggy bag with a meal to be consumed outside the lounge premises.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by funkydrummer
As discussed in the other thread, the FCL will remain open but no in-lounge consumption of F&B from today onwards. You won't be allowed to consume outside food. At the lounge, you may elect to pick up a doggy bag with a meal to be consumed outside the lounge premises.
thanks for the update, sucks but we’re in a pandemic so understandable
Old Nov 2, 2020, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by funkydrummer
Hence my caveat...

Old Nov 2, 2020, 3:09 am

Any first hand reports not simply copied from the guys at VFT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.