Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SN Brussels - is the new, post-coronavirus schedule up-to-date ?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2020, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Grounded ex-Flyer
Thanks !
Old May 25, 2020, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not surprised to see EDI dropped. Seems no mainline LH Group there for some time.
Old May 25, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: None
I got an e-mail stating that Brussels Airlines will send me an e-mail before 2nd June if there are any changes to my flight. They will finalise the schedule till 31st August by 2nd June.
Old May 26, 2020, 10:39 pm

So, I checked my booking status today early morning and saw that my flight was cancelled and I was automatically rebooked on a flight a day before. I haven't received an e-mail yet. Can I refuse the rebooking and ask for a full refund without having to call them? The international calling charges may alone exceed the cancellation fees that come with my booking, especially given that the waiting time may be long as many flights after 15th June must have got cancelled. I will rather try to get refund through e-mail / chat.

Also, I suppose I will have to act on all this before the rebooked travel date (16th June), else I will be a no-show? Aegean had also rebooked me on an earlier flight but they asked me to accept the change which I didn't. Unfortunately, Brussels Airlines didn't ask me to accept the change.
Old May 26, 2020, 11:15 pm

You can give their Facebook Messenger a try, they were rather efficient for my tickets at the beginning of the crisis. I asked for rebooking though, not refunds.
Alternatively, use skype to avoid international charges.
Old May 26, 2020, 11:49 pm

That is a good idea, fereke. I will try Facebook messenger or Skype. They seem to have a chatbot now. Will try that too. Thank you.
Old May 27, 2020, 5:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Old May 27, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002

... And have they maybe published something similar for LH/LX/OS ?
Old May 27, 2020, 5:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, see the routes thread.
FlyerLX likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:57 am

Do they ever actually check the bookings people have actually made when emailing to see if you'll accept a schedule change? I'm probably not going to bring a flight forward from BRU-FCO by 24 hours on account of:

a) it's the second leg of the ticket and would depart before the first would be scheduled to land
b) the first flight has been cancelled anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.