Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH refund confirmation email query

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:25 am

Dear Mr. Smith

The spread of the coronavirus these past few days and weeks is affecting the lives of people worldwide and we are all confronted with great challenges. The aviation industry is facing unprecedented difficulties, which is why we have had to continually reduce our flights over the past few weeks. I am aware that in the end we were not always able to offer you the level of service you have come to expect from us. I sincerely apologize for this.

Onboard safety
As our valued customer, you trust us to take you to your destination responsibly and safely. Under the current circumstances, we are more aware than ever before how important it is to be a travel partner that you can rely on. Please rest assured that even in these uncertain times, your safety and well-being remain our top priority. The air in our aircraft cabins is a mixture of fresh air and circulating air that has been filtered. The use of special filters means that the cabin air is actually cleaner than the air we breathe down on earth. In addition, our aircraft cleaning methods meet the highest standards and we are continually reviewing our onboard service to make sure it meets the latest recommendations in hygiene and in order to make changes if necessary.

Repatriation flights
Due to the many increased travel restrictions in Europe as well as beyond the European borders, we will only be able to offer a minimal number of flights in the next few weeks. At the moment, we are doing everything we can to bring thousands of people back home who are stranded abroad due to local travel limitations. These past few days we have already carried out numerous repatriation flights and are planning many additional ones in cooperation with respective governments. If you are currently still abroad and would like to come home, please contact your local embassies or foreign offices as quickly as possible.

Flexible rebooking options
In these uncertain times, we would like to help our customers by expanding our rebooking options and making them more flexible. You may keep your ticket for a cancelled or future flight without the need to immediately decide on an alternative date for a new flight. The value of your ticket will not expire and you will even get a discount of 50 Euro on your rebooking. You may also rebook to a different destination. This applies to tickets booked through March 31, 2020 and which have a confirmed travel date of no later than December 31, 2020.

If you wish to rebook your flight, you may wait until after your originally scheduled flight date to contact the Lufthansa Group customer service or your travel agent. It is not necessary to contact customer service or a travel agent prior to the original flight date. Please take note that different guidelines apply to Eurowings. You may find further information anytime on our airline websites.

Increased waiting times
Due to the high volume of incoming calls, waiting times at our call centers are longer than usual, and I kindly ask for your patience. I also ask for your understanding that at this time it is our priority to take care of customers with time-sensitive travel needs.

Frequent fliers
We are aware that opportunities to earn status miles are currently limited. Over the course of this year, we will offer accommodating solutions for maintaining your status.

In this crisis, the world is facing a challenge that can only be met if we all work together. Along with the entire staff of the Lufthansa Group, we will do everything we can to take you safely to your destination because you, our customer, remain the focus of all our efforts. Please rest assured that we, the 130,000 employees of the Lufthansa Group, are doing everything in our power to support you in these difficult times.

Thank you for placing your trust in us.

Wishing you all the best, stay healthy and take care of yourself.
Christina Foerster
Member of the Board of Management
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:28 am

What if I bought a ticket from a OTA ?
Can I rescheduled via Lufthansa call centre or I should to contact to the travel agency (Bravofly)?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Paul74
What if I bought a ticket from a OTA ?
Can I rescheduled via Lufthansa call centre or I should to contact to the travel agency (Bravofly)?
YOu have to go via the TA...
Paul74 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:22 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Originally Posted by siw
I was hoping to get a refund confirmation email or see it added to the flight booking when logging into LH as proof of the refund is in process; 3 days and still nothing.
there won't be any refund confirmation. +7 days since the flight cancellation, i got the 100% refund credicted to my card.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:31 am
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingJazzy
there won't be any refund confirmation. +7 days since the flight cancellation, i got the 100% refund credicted to my card.
OK.

Got a second email, but was an exact repeat of the first Cancellation email. Still no refund to my credit card. Depart would be on 31st March. Not sure if I should raise an AMEX UK dispute or wait until after the departure date. If no refund by 31st March, then does that mean I get nothing?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa FTL, KrisFlyer Gold, HHonors Diamond
I'm in a similar situation. I had flights for three trips cancelled by Lufthansa. I got through to the hotline on March 18th and the agent confirmed the flights had all been cancelled and I would get a refund to the credit card I used for the booking. I also received the "cancellation" e-mail, but with no mention of the refund amount.
I'm still waiting for any amount to be refunded to my credit card.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Originally Posted by siw
OK.

Got a second email, but was an exact repeat of the first Cancellation email. Still no refund to my credit card. Depart would be on 31st March. Not sure if I should raise an AMEX UK dispute or wait until after the departure date. If no refund by 31st March, then does that mean I get nothing?
I have faith on LH. It's very probably there are too much request of cancellation/refund in these days so it can't proceed as quick as before.
Maybe a call to LH CS if someone can tell how the process is going on.
Yesterday i had another cancellation/refund on BA flight through CX service. It's the same they can release notification of booking cancellation but not refund statement. In such case, I was told refund will take 4-6 weeks. We have to be patient and there are not much we can do.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa FTL, KrisFlyer Gold, HHonors Diamond
I was also thinking they must be really busy with refunds. I certainly don't want to block the lines asking about this just yet.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
So long as you have cancelled and you have confirmation of the cancellation, the departure date becomes irrelevant to the refund.

However, you are due a refund within 7 days of cancellation. Once that has passed, start a chargeback through your card issuer (bank). Best to have copies of the e-ticket receipt and cancellation as part of the packet.
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There is a long thread about LH proving vouchers, rather than refunds. It's exhausting to read so not sure what the current state is.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...-2020-a-7.html
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angelats
I was also thinking they must be really busy with refunds. I certainly don't want to block the lines asking about this just yet.
That's what they want you to think. But please, go ahead and call. The lines are not busy anymore in my experience.

If the line is blocked for pax (somehow trying to use the handful of flights left operating), then that's their choice to deny pax their lawfully mandated 7 day refunds. They deliberately broke the functionality.

If there was some new fangled way to get pax's money faster, Spohr would have the team working 24/7 to achieve it.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hugolover
That's what they want you to think. But please, go ahead and call. The lines are not busy anymore in my experience.

If the line is blocked for pax (somehow trying to use the handful of flights left operating), then that's their choice to deny pax their lawfully mandated 7 day refunds. They deliberately broke the functionality.

If there was some new fangled way to get pax's money faster, Spohr would have the team working 24/7 to achieve it.
You seem to have a great dislike for LH. Why do you keep flying that airline?
Old Mar 28, 2020, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Is the refund process any different for a revenue ticket vs LH having cancelled an award ticket and refunding the taxes?

I am waiting for a refund of the taxes on cancelled flights on a M&M award ticket.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:03 am
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Still not had the refund. Got another email that had a Change of Reservation PDF file attached to it. So I assume LH have not processed the refund that I completed on the My Booking webpage. Since cannot speak to an LH agent I got an email address from AMEX for LH so gave that a try. Any idea how long it is generally taking? The original departure date was to be 31 March (so 2 days from now). Do that date have any relevance to getting a refund. I have also made a AMEX dispute/chargeback case. This was my first ever puchase with LH (or the LH Group) and will not be seeking them out again for future tickets.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:10 am
Suspended

In another thread a poster reported that LH has a backlog of 300,000 emails to answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.