Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Covid19: Lufthansa Group grounds/retires Aircraft and asks for state aid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Lufthansa Group grounds/retires Aircraft and asks for state aid

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
If any of the flights you are on are cancelled you are entitled to a full refund of the ticket, even if its a cheapo companion sale promo fare.
Or the passenger is entitled to a free rebooking.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I had mentioned this in another thread. This is a virus that is impacting globally and a global response is needed. Now the key question is how long will LH ground these planes. I have 1 trip in Business in May from AMS to BKK and the return from BKK to AMS in F with LX. The tickets are non refundable and cannot be cancelled. Not sure what to do.
got the promo fares from WAW to TYO in May,outbound via MUC, inbound via ZRH 2 weeks later, ticketed by LH, op. by NH and LX Just waiting it out. Only time will tell.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
got the promo fares from WAW to TYO in May,outbound via MUC, inbound via ZRH 2 weeks later, ticketed by LH, op. by NH and LX Just waiting it out. Only time will tell.
Yep that is exactly what we are doing.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:30 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
https://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/...b-b0098af7a7bb

Starting today, 5 March, the route cancellations and frequency adjustments will be implemented successively and the passengers affected will be informed about the changes and rebooking options. Until the end of March, Lufthansa is cancelling a total of about 7,100 flights (including 3,750 flights from Frankfurt to 75 airports, and 3,350 flights from Munich to 65 airports).
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
New message on the FLIFO page:

Service information on the spread of the Coronavirus

Dear passenger,

We realize that the current news regarding the impact and spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is cause for uncertainty among airline passengers. We therefore thank you for continuing to place your trust in Lufthansa and choosing us for your travel needs.

On every journey you take with Lufthansa, your safety and well-being, and that of our staff, is our top priority. Having information on what we are doing to help our customers is vital for giving you peace of mind when travelling. Please rest assured that we are monitoring the situation and developments, and we will continue to provide you with regular updates. Lufthansa is prepared for all possible scenarios and we are working closely with the health and governmental authorities, following their advice for further steps to be taken. According to the World Health Organization WHO the risk of infection has not yet been fully determined.

We want to make sure that your stay with us on board is as pleasant and safe as possible under any circumstance. We have therefore implemented precautionary measures in order to best protect you, our crew members and our ground staff against any risks. This includes providing our cabin crew and our staff at selected airports with respiratory masks.

The air on board all Lufthansa aircrafts is cleaner than outside on the ground, it consists of up to 60% fresh air. Pollutants such as dust, bacteria and viruses are filtered from the air circulating in the aircraft cabin, meeting the standards for hospital operating rooms. We are also well prepared should a passenger show signs of a Corona infection while on board. Our Medical Service has long established procedures for passengers with infectious diseases and our crews are all well-trained for these situations.

We kindly encourage you to support our protective measures on board by following the recommendations of the World Health Organization (www.who.int). These include washing your hands frequently and thoroughly, correctly covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.

We will do everything we can to help and look forward to welcoming you on your next flight.
My kids school in Munich just closed because two kids in grade 7 & 12 have COVID19. Let the fun times begin!
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Yep, started to receive the first schedule change notifications for my short-haul flights on LHG. Messes up connections and O&D travel times.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by airoli
Yep, started to receive the first schedule change notifications for my short-haul flights on LHG. Messes up connections and O&D travel times.
Didn't you have a KBP F mileage run coming up soon?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve got a cancellation for next week, so that’s EC261 éligible right? As this is operational, to save beans.

Is rebooking to LOT in the picture or is 8 days too far for the Star waiver?

many thanks
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K
Now that UA, DL and AA allow "free" changes to all tickets purchased in the coming weeks or so - is LH doing something similar?
Or perhaps they sell enough tickets to fill their reduced flying?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: Milage Plus 1K 1.3MM, Marriot LT Platinum
Moin!

Originally Posted by YumYumcake
Now that UA, DL and AA allow "free" changes to all tickets purchased in the coming weeks or so - is LH doing something similar?
Or perhaps they sell enough tickets to fill their reduced flying?
Has nothing to do with filling flights and everything with finance/cash flow so if they are short of that they might consider it. You should be able to buy LH tickets that are freely changeable as long as you get them as a United ticket.

So long
-Ralf
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Didn't you have a KBP F mileage run coming up soon?
Yes. It's alive but getting rebooked, and rebooked, and rebooked....
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Messy, LH cancelled flight for tomorrow morning. Originally booked entirely in business. Cxl via email 4 hours ago. Somehow I’m rebooked in SK economy?

4 hours on hold waiting to fix it and the line disconnects when agent picks up. Hopefully this can be fixed at the airport tomorrow. Won’t allow any changes online. This is departing from ZRH on a ticket they had already changed from MXP last week.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: 1MM*G, 1K
I mainly fly United but often choose LH or LX. I have a late April flight on LX SFO to Athens via Zurich. A P fare.
If there is current knowledge, I have a few questions:
Is rebooking automatic, does one have the option of cancelling a booking on-line for refund?
Can your flight just be outright canceled and refunded by LH if they so choose, even in transit?
Or, does LH group have a duty to get you to your destination and then home if one of your connecting or return flights is cancelled?
Are P fares being rebooked into economy?

Thanks. Right now the flights I have booked on are essentially empty.
If my questions are way out in left field, please accept my apology...I'll just wait and see.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by gaume
I mainly fly United but often choose LH or LX. I have a late April flight on LX SFO to Athens via Zurich. A P fare.
If there is current knowledge, I have a few questions:
Is rebooking automatic, does one have the option of cancelling a booking on-line for refund?
Can your flight just be outright canceled and refunded by LH if they so choose, even in transit?
Or, does LH group have a duty to get you to your destination and then home if one of your connecting or return flights is cancelled?
Are P fares being rebooked into economy?

Thanks. Right now the flights I have booked on are essentially empty.
If my questions are way out in left field, please accept my apology...I'll just wait and see.
Everything is up in the air, if you took those flights, outbound, how could you be sure the return would operate or that the USA would let you back in ....
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: 1MM*G, 1K
Originally Posted by chris63
Everything is up in the air, if you took those flights, outbound, how could you be sure the return would operate or that the USA would let you back in ....
Really good point. I should have stipulated I would be allowed in to USA even if for quarantine.
I guess LH has no published rules. Thanks, I'll post if I find anything out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.