Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Award ticket booked with partner FFP - Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by ocdb8r
Just had this same issue and used the online chat function that popped up on the LOT website in the manage my booking page. Waited for 6 minutes for an agent and they had seats assigned in 5 minutes.
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Were you within 48 hours of your flight? Were you on an award not booked direct with LOT? I called again today and was told the
computer would not process it when the agent tried to enter my seat selection.
Originally Posted by ocdb8r
No, the flight is months away and the seat was booked with Lifemiles. Online chat agent seemed to have no problem getting me the specific seats I requested. I note that I am Star Alliance Gold; perhaps that had something to do with it? However, usually not necessary to get seats assigned in J (which is where I am sitting).
I have no status on UA (which is who I booked the ticket through), am flying in business IST-WAW-ORD in July, and just got seats assigned with the online chat in less than five minutes. Just provided the booking reference and last name.

Chris
Tizzette and Dhamal like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
vest is the online chat, my reservation in end fo March, Del-Was-Ewr, i gave my last name, PNR #, told them teh seat i wanted and it was done under 3 minutes.. very easy and great service too.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:57 pm

I finally got seats assigned using my PC for online chat. There was no chat function available using my Ipad.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:11 pm

I booked an open jaw on LOT/LH through the MileagePlus portal for November.

Itinerary was:
LOT JFK-Budapest on a 788
LH Prague-Frankfurt on an A320
LH Frankfurt-EWR on a 748i

When I first checked out there was no option for seat selection on any of the three flights. I logged out, and logged back in and the two LH flights had appeared, but when I clicked on them it said I wasn't allowed to pick seats on these flights. I logged out again and logged back in, and it finally allowed me to pick seats on the LH flights. I checked on my Lufthansa account, and they were on there as well.

The LOT flight still hadn't appeared, so I tried their online chat, and wasn't able to connect, so I called their English number. It took the guy about 30 seconds to give me the seat I wanted.
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOT are good on the phone for the things they are allowed to do. When I was kicked off a LCA flight due to canx I was able to get them to reissue me to LH in minutes and a call back to get a bag added (LOT give a bag on Saver fares for SEN/Gold) was a few seconds from the direct line to IROPS that the womon had given me.
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:57 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
I also keep getting error messages when I try to enter my passport expiration date. Tried Chrome and Safari browsers. Anyone have a work around?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 4:48 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by Jm0115
I also keep getting error messages when I try to enter my passport expiration date. Tried Chrome and Safari browsers. Anyone have a work around?
That issue has been around for many years.
I had the same problem, and a search found this post from 2018:
Originally Posted by megaloman
Try to clear cache or try different browser. if it does not help, contact them through their facebook page, they'll update your passport deatils manually. LOT's website has a really flaky coding and breaks for no reasob randomly.

​​​​
Old Jul 23, 2021, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should be able to enter it at OLCI, I wouldn't worry about the MMB tool, you can also use the LH website
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:56 am

I recently booked a partner award on LOT via ANA Mileage Club and ANA wouldn't let me choose seats. As we all know the LOT website and app don't let you either. So I started checking out the other *A partners and turns out SAS (flysas.com) will let you select the seats so I'm all set . Hope this helps!
hugolover, iLied, dcas and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, for years, but I wonder how much longer now
Old May 20, 2022, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by burnedpixel
I recently booked a partner award on LOT via ANA Mileage Club and ANA wouldn't let me choose seats. As we all know the LOT website and app don't let you either. So I started checking out the other *A partners and turns out SAS (flysas.com) will let you select the seats so I'm all set . Hope this helps!
Seems to have worked for me on a United award ticket, thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcas
Seems to have worked for me on a United award ticket, thanks!
Same. LOT wouldn't recognize my PNR, but I set it all up on flysas.com just fine.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 6:40 pm

Thank you all for posting the tip to use flySAS.com to reserve seats (free for business class) after award redemption booking from any Star Alliance partners. I can't believe how easy it was to complete the process simply by using the reservation code (Avianca in my case) and last name.

I wouldn't have thought of this trick unless I read it here on Flyertalk.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Is there any magic to it? I just get an image of a seat and next to it "No information".
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:58 pm

I couldn't get flySAS.com to work on my UA-booked LOT flights. It kept saying "seat selection no longer possible". I winded up using shooting LOT a message on FB Messenger, detailing the LOT record locator, surnames, desired seats. An agent responded 5-10 min later saying that she's processed my requested changes. It reflected on the UA site immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.