Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strike and 10 hr delay

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by LH600
Does LH only rebook on LH Group (AUA, Swiss) or also on Star Alliance (TK, UA, AC) or on any available seat on any airline?
Do cabin classes always match or will there also be UPG due to limited availability on OAL?
My BLR-FRA-BOS was rebooked onto Emirates with 220 ticket stock so middles in Y (seat only auto-assignable at in-person check-in in BLR) instead of my ASR for extra legroom.

At least for the 14 hour DXB-BOS haul, I had a vacant middle next to my middle. Poor man's Y+ FTW.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Gynob001
Sorry, I was not aware of the strike.LH also did not communicate.
The day before the flight, LH sent me “check in “ notification. Their site/ server was continuously down for a long time.
it is complicated. My return trip has already been booked with my wife and daughter joining me in Delhi later.
i have been to Frankfurt many times and I am fairly comfortable in staying in the airport for longer duration. I didn’t need visa as I am an American Citizen.
The whining was about middle seat, long connection, and lack of lounge access or meal voucher.
I could have written in the Omni/vent thread but since a specific airline was involved, I chose to write here.
You apparently have a coach ticket and no *A status, so I don't understand why you would expect lounge access.

Get a room and buy a meal. Save receipts and worry about reimbursement later.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Often1
At a minimum, LH has a duty of care here. On a 10-12 hour connection, a day (or night) room is entirely appropriate, especially if there is no lounge access.
Just a word of caution. in IRROPS situations like this air carriers are not obliged to provide or reimburse a "day room" even for longer connections like 10-12 hours - this is not provided for under the applicable EU regulation.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Gynob001
Sorry, I was not aware of the strike.LH also did not communicate.
The day before the flight, LH sent me “check in “ notification. Their site/ server was continuously down for a long time.
it is complicated. My return trip has already been booked with my wife and daughter joining me in Delhi later.
i have been to Frankfurt many times and I am fairly comfortable in staying in the airport for longer duration. I didn’t need visa as I am an American Citizen.
The whining was about middle seat, long connection, and lack of lounge access or meal voucher.
I could have written in the Omni/vent thread but since a specific airline was involved, I chose to write here.

The strike was all over the news and over this forum, too. Why don't people check before leaving what going on along the route? When I travel to the US my first checks are storms, snow, fires and shootings. Going to India its floodings and riots in addition. It is not that difficult. It appears to be somehow naive to jump on a plane flying around the world not doing any research on what could happen. I am however amazed how well they dealt with the situation. Irops in the US or even worse in India are certainly not anyhow better.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The strike was all over the news and over this forum, too. Why don't people check before leaving what going on along the route? When I travel to the US my first checks are storms, snow, fires and shootings. Going to India its floodings and riots in addition. It is not that difficult. It appears to be somehow naive to jump on a plane flying around the world not doing any research on what could happen. I am however amazed how well they dealt with the situation. Irops in the US or even worse in India are certainly not anyhow better.
Completely agree it’s stupid if people travel half way around the world without checking all is ok beforehand, that’s only common sense.

But Lufthansa have handled it terribly, leaving free of charge rebookings until the last minute, purely for their convenience & at passengers peril
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:08 am

I had to Lol @ shootings, you really check for that?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eringi
I had to Lol @ shootings, you really check for that?
It's common sense and not a big deal. I confess to not fuss as much if I am on my own, but if I am travelling with my dear beloved I would not take any risks. I do the same for Germany (violent clashes and anti-semitism), Sweden (riots/bombings) and London for stabbings.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Well, if you had double back surgery and spend your days at the doctors office, and physiotherapy you would have missed the news. I watched CNN everyday and log into the forum everyday. Please do t criticize others.

Originally Posted by chris63
Completely agree it’s stupid if people travel half way around the world without checking all is ok beforehand, that’s only common sense.

But Lufthansa have handled it terribly, leaving free of charge rebookings until the last minute, purely for their convenience & at passengers peril
up I’d?
i see the word stupid. Please understand that Lufthansa assured me that my flight was safe, transfer to AI would be easy, I would have seat preference that I had paid for, and would have day stay/meal voucher.
what happened at Frankfurt was another story. Service centers were clones, a mile long queue for vouchers, and AI was fully booked and wouldn’t consider change of seats.
well, if I am stupid, 26 years of education around the globe, 40 years of top academic scientist role, and a triple postgraduate degrees are a waste.
I hope that those who wrote I was stupid would get stranded in their next flight!

I am amazed that you still travel after all the restriction you imposed on travel. Fire, earthquake, flood, rain, poverty, accidents, bad food, Berger’s, political unrest, smog, cold weather, hot weather should have kept you i prisoner to your home. I pity you.

All over the forum? I understand that the strike was announced just a couple of days before flight. If you have info that contradicts, please share with us.
I Tried to contact LH- server didn’t work, phones were unanswered. You are a lawyer! Know your facts before you criticize others.

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 11, 2019 at 2:03 am Reason: please use multiquote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Kids,
since this is devolving into a tit-for-tat at a level below flyertalk, lets close this conversation.

Regards Oliver2002
wfiring12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.