Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Significant changes in 2021 for Status (re-)qualification criteria

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by worldclubber
I would expect something in that ballpark for *Gold, probably a bit higher.

Probably a „simple“ system combining several features such as points/miles, money spent, LH Group flying etc. — Let‘s hope it won’t be another brain-fart like the revenue based award miles.
Why not a system like Flying Blue?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sophialite
I’m all for thinning the herd as long as I’m part of the herd. That said I never got the impression that there were too many HONs and that that herd needed thinning.

It was way, way worse with UA. Too many status holders. Too many people in group 1 boarding and too many people in pre-group 1.
Probably more for LH to decide this!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Let‘s hope it won’t be another brain-fart like the revenue based award miles.
Haven't they already said that points will be related to spend? So we're looking at the same as UA - €1 = 1 point? No bonuses based on class of service or so on.

Maybe LH will set the bar for SEN at the same level as UA Premier ($12k) or 1K ($18k) and LH discontinues the baseline *G level. (In my situation, I'd move to UA and move all my TATL flying to UA too).

I wonder if at the same time LH will slash earning rates in other *A programmes (as they did with TK)? I guess you would, otherwise it's obvious everyone will pile into A3, SK etc.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
Haven't they already said that points will be related to spend? So we're looking at the same as UA - €1 = 1 point? No bonuses based on class of service or so on.

Maybe LH will set the bar for SEN at the same level as UA Premier ($12k) or 1K ($18k) and LH discontinues the baseline *G level. (In my situation, I'd move to UA and move all my TATL flying to UA too).

I wonder if at the same time LH will slash earning rates in other *A programmes (as they did with TK)? I guess you would, otherwise it's obvious everyone will pile into A3, SK etc.
Have you seen the changes recently introduced by UA?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Have you seen the changes recently introduced by UA?
Yes. I'm wondering how closely LH will follow them, or potentially go even further.

If the intention is to reward only higher value customers than present, maybe they'll be inspired by UA Premier and UA 1K, which are *G but with additional benefits. So SEN is positioned as similar to Premier or 1K, and there is no LH equivalent of UA Gold. ('basic' *G).
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:46 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Yes. I'm wondering how closely LH will follow them, or potentially go even further.

If the intention is to reward only higher value customers than present, maybe they'll be inspired by UA Premier and UA 1K, which are *G but with additional benefits. So SEN is positioned as similar to Premier or 1K, and there is no LH equivalent of UA Gold. ('basic' *G).
I would see SEN positioned as the basic *G as currently the qualification is closest to that.
If I had to guess I'd say they will probably have a spend requirement of around 7-10k. Keep in mind today it is possible to get SEN for two years with less than 5k, so that would be a not unsignificant increase requirement wise for the lower budget SENs.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:55 am
Suspended

What do you mean by UA Premier? Platinum? If anything, SEN will be harder to get, and equivalent in its own programme to 1K. There is no basic *G, all *G are the same outside their own FFP.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: LH Sen, Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by hugolover
If Mr. Spohr wanted to be incredibly brave and stop all these immoral F fares he would bin HON altogether and shut down M&M in the true spirit of the climate EMERGENCY.

Beautiful, comfortable, and well-catered A320 Neo's are one thing and reducing CO2 is commendable.

There's just no other way forward.
Mr Spohr probably doesn't have the courage to scrap M&M in response to the Climate Emergency, but more innovative airline companies or governments may start to look at giving incentives to non-frequent flyers
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: LH SEN *
I described my case, not som hypothetical situations. 2019/2020 was my requalification period, requalified by April 2019 for the 2021/2022 period, hence should have SEN status until Feb 2023. Could be wrong, but don‘t think so.
I understand it the same way.
I've already requalified for SEN until Feb 2022, and I am going to requalify in 2020 according to the current rules (new rules come in force in 2021) until Feb 2024. I do hope M&M will not change this for current SEN.
more4less and worldclubber like this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Hydro88
Why not a system like Flying Blue?
LH will probably rather look for role models in *A and not in ST. But who knows.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
What a „great“ attitude.
You say this sarcastically, but you wouldn’t be where you are in life if you had not, at least subconsciously, acted in the same way. Self-preservation is a human instinct.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond

If they will do, people can avoid LH flights at all.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by sophialite
You say this sarcastically, but you wouldn’t be where you are in life if you had not, at least subconsciously, acted in the same way. Self-preservation is a human instinct.
I believe that I am where I am, because I worked hard and occasionally had better ideas than competitors. Somebody else "thinning the herd" for me was not part of the path.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by SPlDER
If they will do, people can avoid LH flights at all.
There are areas, where it as become difficult to avoid LH Group flights.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe that I am where I am, because I worked hard and occasionally had better ideas than competitors. Somebody else "thinning the herd" for me was not part of the path.
Comrade sophialite is just highlighting the basic ways of wealth creation. Redistribution of the pie or making the pie bigger. I guess you fit in the latter box .
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.