Search

Significant changes in 2021 for Status (re-)qualification criteria

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by more4less
, another one traumatised here!

The only thing the stars could be good for it was to measure your years of loyalty and now they get rid of them
And I just got my first status star this week! I have no idea what they base them on and have mostly ignored it. I do as little as possible with LH Group, just enough to retain FTL. One thing they might end up stopping is the segment qualification for FTL.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by Concerto
And I just got my first status star this week! I have no idea what they base them on and have mostly ignored it. I do as little as possible with LH Group, just enough to retain FTL. One thing they might end up stopping is the segment qualification for FTL.
I remember back in 2013 when they introduced those stars. It’s been almost 7 years, and I’ve never had the impression that those stars had any purpose. They were supposed to lay out some genius plan with the stars and all the advantages, but it never seemed to happen. Go figure!
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
'status will be achieved with our airlines' signed by people from LH and LX. Oh boy.... I wonder what LO/LG/OU will have to say about that. Looks like the new 'points' will be LH group spend...?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
'status will be achieved with our airlines' signed by people from LH and LX. Oh boy.... I wonder what LO/LG/OU will have to say about that. Looks like the new 'points' will be LH group spend...?
or similar to UA it counts more on priority partners than others. Can't see them taking earning w/ other *A partners away; that can't work with the alliance ... but like UA saying you earn X with us and Y with them. It sounds more and more like the UA playbook ... we'll see.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Well... the entire HON circle qualification rotated around C/F flying on LG/LO/(JP)/OU/LH/LX/SN/EW, ie 'integrated partners'.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by more4less
, another one traumatised here!

The only thing the stars could be good for it was to measure your years of loyalty and now they get rid of them it
Fixed it for you.
chris63 and more4less like this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:21 pm

It'll be interesting to see what they do.

British Airways really are rubbish at the moment, but the Executive Club is a really strong programme. Having achieved BA LTG and having jumped ship to LH Group and achieving SEN, I do notice how the programme isn't as good.

It will be interesting if they do try and compete or indeed do downgrade their programme even further. I'll be checking the website with interest on Monday evening!
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:47 pm
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
I also got the above letter this week. Had it in the letterbox when coming home today.

Let's see what they bring. In fact, switching to spend based status could help them to keep me HON and keep more business with them, in case they use a fair threshold. One reason why I decided to more part of my business to other airlines is that I always spent about 100K EUR per year and barely made it HON. On the other side, I saw others spending half as much and making HON, just because they are based in Italy instead of Switzerland, where the same flights are way more expensive.
This year I have spent about 85K on flights in total and would not even make HON if doing them all with LH-Group. Thus I moved many flights to other airlines and will drop to SEN by March 1 2020 after 6yrs. If the threshold would allow me to be HON again with my travel pattern I could easily focus on LH Group again.
Let's see what they come up with. I am not too positive yet. Unfortunately, they were never good in enhancements during the last years.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If LH sort of copies what UA is doing, some people are going to acquire LH elite status a lot more easily than before while most on the 35k+ mileage end will not. In other words, I am expecting that this kind of change will mean a huge increase in short-term LH*S members and a drop in long-term LH*G members.

If LH copies UA very closely, there may be some fleeting opportunities to get LH*G on the very cheap, but that kind of thing is fleeting and doesn’t help much with planning to be a long-term LH*G member.

Time for a massive culling of LH group *Gs.
So it is to be.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Massive problem, I was only flying to get my ⭐️ Count up & the enormous prestige they promised with that, not sure I will sleep tonight, call my therapist tomorrow & then my Lawyer, a broken promise must be actionable ?
Hope a few glasses of Louise will help you get over the loss of the status stars.

Hope they don’t get the program as wrong now as the got the status stars a few years ago.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Hope a few glasses of Louise will help you get over the loss of the status stars.

Hope they don’t get the program as wrong now as the got the status stars a few years ago.
Great suggestion & cheaper than a therapist

Miracles can happen but I will be amazed if they get this right, even for themselves
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Great suggestion & cheaper than a therapist

Miracles can happen but I will be amazed if they get this right, even for themselves
Louise probably should have a therapist license

I doubt they will get this right. Will look into alternatives if they don’t and will be pleasantly surprised if they do.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I really don’t think this is going to be such bad news for many people, except those who game the system. Changing status from 2 years to 1 year I think will be disappointing to many people though.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by vantage03
I really don’t think this is going to be such bad news for many people, except those who game the system. Changing status from 2 years to 1 year I think will be disappointing to many people though.
1 year will hurt FTLs, SENs, and HONs who get 600k HON miles in one year.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I started to investigate what’s best for me just to get star gold from any star airlines since I’m based in a star hub, rest of my businesses will go to oneworld to keep my emerald, more value to me and easier to achieve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.