Search

Significant changes in 2021 for Status (re-)qualification criteria

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Interestingly, that link leads to a 'page not found'
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
What’s interesting from the letter is that it looks like partner airline flights will credit less than they do now for FTL/SEN.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I guess the link will work on Tuesday when they official announce it. All in all they have collected enough data in the past years to design it the way they will most benefit from it. This is like a slot machine - usually the owner wins most!
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by HKG1111; Nov 9, 2019 at 6:44 am
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by HKG1111
This is like a slot machine - usually the owner wins most!
Have you not read the letter closely enough? They "set out to revise [the] frequent flyer programme for you" based on "Your wishes for simplification" and so that "You will be able to concentrate solely on what is important to you"
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Hydro88
Have you not read the letter closely enough? They "set out to revise [the] frequent flyer programme for you" based on "Your wishes for simplification" and so that "You will be able to concentrate solely on what is important to you"
So why are they getting rid of those wonderful status stars then?
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Validity of “at least one year” would imply that there are some who will have a longer period of status? Is that just cheap lawyer talk for saying one year, plus the year you qualify, plus Jan Feb following the one year? Or is that a way of saying that maybe FTL and SEN last for that period, and HON for two years?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: LO
"at least one year" probably means that if you reach your HON within e.g. half of the year, you will have the status 1.5 years
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mario_s
"at least one year" probably means that if you reach your HON within e.g. half of the year, you will have the status 1.5 years
Yes. Now you get the status for "at least two years". That means two years from the date of (re-)qualification plus the time until the following end of February.

Now:
HON (re-)qualification in February 20xx (600k HON miles from Jan xx-1 to Feb xx)=> HON until end of February 20xx+2
HON (re-)qualification in March 20xx (600k HON miles from Jan xx-1 to Mar xx)=> HON until end of February 20xx+3

Starting from Jan 1 2021 it could be (just guessing):
HON (re-)qualification in February 20xx (y points from Jan xx to Feb xx) => HON until end of February 20xx+1
HON (re-)qualification in March 20xx (y points from Jan xx to Mar xx)=> HON until end of February 20xx+2
HON (re-)qualification in December 20xx (y points from Jan xx to Dez xx)=> HON until end of February 20xx+2
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Hydro88
Okay now it's time to admit, who asked for "simplification" ?
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andywaw
Okay now it's time to admit, who asked for "simplification" ?
Maybe LH understood "status stars doesn't make sense" as "we wish more simplification".
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I’m all for exposing blatant marketing as a lie, but I think simplification is correct. The current system is complicated... there are four different types of miles to track.

that said, it’s under the guise of simplification where they will make things worse.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I must say the idea of FTL or SEN for life is quite attractive. I wonder what the conditions will be, and if one will have to begin qualification for it from 2021, or if the existing time one has been FTL/SEN will count.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
What you think, they hopefully will anyway honour current status with current validity? In my case thru 02/2022...

And if for my HON status renewal period currently is 2020/2021, then really interesting how it will be calculated?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR
So why are they getting rid of those wonderful status stars then?
Exactly, I’m traumatised that Status ⭐️ S are ending.........
MichielR likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Raul_R
What you think, they hopefully will anyway honour current status with current validity? In my case thru 02/2022...

And if for my HON status renewal period currently is 2020/2021, then really interesting how it will be calculated?
They absolutely have to & will Honour current status & the full rules as they are until Jan 21 , after that having given a Years notice, the new rules will apply IMO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.