Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Rebooking award flight not possible even though award seats are available.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Lufthansa Miles and More

After multiple calls to Miles & More, I have just been told that award space showing available on the Miles & More website are only for new bookings and that rebookings cannot use that availability. Does this ring true with seasoned Lufthansa flyers?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I don’t think that’s necessarily true regarding new vs rebookings, but the call centres have point of sale restrictions, and this isn’t new.

For example, there is different availability JFK-FRA than there is FRA-JFK-FRA on the return leg. So if you’re trying to rebook the return on this itinerary and can see the availability online when starting in the US, this leg may not be available to you because in this case the journey began in Germany (and so POS was Germany).

Hope that makes sense. Yes it’s frustrating. If you’re SEN and can waitlist the award, it will often clear in this case.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Thank you vantage03. Trying to find more info now. My contact has been entirely with the German call center number. Ticket originally booked online in US as one way, MXP-FRA-LAX. Should I try perhaps the US call center?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
As suggested above, ask M&M to waitlist you for the flights. Should clear quickly.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Viaggiatrice
Thank you vantage03. Trying to find more info now. My contact has been entirely with the German call center number. Ticket originally booked online in US as one way, MXP-FRA-LAX. Should I try perhaps the US call center?
That’s strange. But yes call the US number then and if no luck, ask to waitlist.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks. When i tried that, I was told that they could only wait list if they could see availability!
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Viaggiatrice
After multiple calls to Miles & More, I have just been told that award space showing available on the Miles & More website are only for new bookings and that rebookings cannot use that availability. Does this ring true with seasoned Lufthansa flyers?
Award availability is also depending on POS.
Did you check the online awards availability with country Germany or US?
Why are you not booking the new awards online and than cancel your exsiting ones - costs are the same.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: LH HON
The info that you can only waitlist when seats are available is BS as when seats are available, no need for a wailtlist.

but: if this a one way, why not just book from scratch and cancel the old one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.