Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing first leg of flight roundtrip ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Missing first leg of flight roundtrip ticket

I have a roundtrip ticket from Washington DC to Rome connecting via Frankfurt. Due to last minute change of plans, I now plan on flying to Frankfurt November 10, then on the 15th hop on my connecting flight to Rome. My question is, if I miss my first flight out from DC on November 15th, will my entire outbound ticket be cancelled (even if I am checked in for the flight out of DC?) What about the return flight?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:10 pm

Yes: as soon as you miss one flight, the entire rest of the ticket will be cancelled, including the return.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ
Yes: as soon as you miss one flight, the entire rest of the ticket will be cancelled, including the return.
Thanks! Any workaround?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:15 pm

Not that I know of. I think you'll need to change your ticket, paying whatever the associated change fee is.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Not that I know of. I think you'll need to change your ticket, paying whatever the associated change fee is.
The problem is there are two people on the same PNR so any changes I make affects the other traveler.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:28 pm

Just call and have them split the PNR for you. Then you can change just your flight while leaving everyone else's the same.
trooper likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Just call and have them split the PNR for you. Then you can change just your flight while leaving everyone else's the same.
great! I didn't know you could do that: split a PNR.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjay
great! I didn't know you could do that: split a PNR.
Also does it matter that this ticket wasn't purchased directly via Lufthansa but a third-party?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. Just to be clear, not only will the outbound segments be cancelled, but any onwards or return segments will be cancelled.

2. This will happen no matter the sales channel. However, depending on the third-party and what you men by that time, it may or may not be possible to change your tickets at all.
You will need to carefully review the fare rules for your tickets and then your contract with the third-party for any additional conditions or fees. Any changes need to be made by the third-party.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.