Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Partner Miles For LO — What Is X?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Using Partner Miles For LO — What Is X?

I am looking at booking an economy award on LO for a flight within Europe using United miles. It would book into X, which I think is star alliance standard for economy award. When I look on the LO website, they sell three categories of Y — saver, standard and flex.

What do I get with an X fare? Specifically do I get a saver ticket with saver rules or do I get standard with a checked bag and seat selection? No *A status for me unfortunately.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:42 am

X can be not directly compared to the 3 Y flavors as the rules for rebooking, cancellation etc are heavily depend on the FFP rules for booking *A awards. Closest thing is probably the classic/standard Y fare including a free checked bag per person and the option to rebook or cancel.

Advanced Seat Reservation usually works in X.
lkar likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
X can be not directly compared to the 3 Y flavors as the rules for rebooking, cancellation etc are heavily depend on the FFP rules for booking *A awards. Closest thing is probably the classic Y fare including checked bags and the option to rebook or cancel.
When I have redeemed miles on LO its always a Classic fare with bag and seat selection.

Remember LO works to the 0+1 =1 rule for Saver fares anyway. So if you have FTL, SEN, HON and Gold booking X, you'd get two bags.

The terms of cancellation will be whatever you have for booking X.
lkar likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

So, I just booked (OTP to BUD) on LO using United miles. It was a great deal -- 8k miles -- and booked into X, but my reservation on LO shows that I only get one 8k handbag and I cannot select seats.

I may cancel and buy a cash ticket if I only get basic since it's probably cheaper to do it that way, but I'll wait until the 24 hours to cancel on UA.com is up before I cancel.

Last edited by lkar; Jul 18, 2019 at 5:50 pm
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:35 pm

That is strange... never had that issue. X always included checked bags and ASR for me. However, that is through EuroBonus...
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
That is strange... never had that issue. X always included checked bags and ASR for me. However, that is through EuroBonus...
It's strange in that LO's website doesn't seem to see my ticket number yet. It seems to see the reservation as a booked but not yet purchased reservation. Maybe it takes some time to get sent over from UA? I'm sort of hoping that before my 24 hour cancel window closes that maybe the LO website will update and that once it recognizes the reservation as ticketed seat selection will open up.

Edit: When I try to see the fare rules on LO.com, this is what it tells me:

"Your temporary PNR number is XXXXXX. Save it to continue purchasing the ticket in the Manage your booking tab. Remember that this number is valid for 3 hours and after this time, the purchase process will start again."

When I look at the reservation on UA.com, it has ticket numbers so maybe it's just a case of LO.com not updating yet and maybe I will get seat selection and bags.

Last edited by lkar; Jul 18, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Send them a message on Facebook to ask about ASR and the bag. They will fix it if it's not there. It can be added.

Unfortunately LOT.com often falls over when it comes to ASR.

You can also pull up your itinerary on Flysas.com and see if it shows a bag.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I tried SAS but it shows "no information" for seats and bags so I called LO. Long hold time. Guy was very helpful. He admitted that it was "unusual" that the website doesn't display the reservation but he said that he could see the ticket numbers and that everything was ok to fly. He also was able to assign seats. Turns out it's an E-195 so seats wasn't really a big deal anyway since it's essentially 2x2 for the entire plane. But he grabbed 6A and 6B and so all is good. I forgot to ask about bags, but I'm guessing that since he was able to grab seats everything should be ok. On UA.com, it now shows 1 bag each but on OS it says only 8kg hand bag for each. Who knows. I'm past the point to cancel, the price was right, and if I have to pay for a bag I'll be ok.

I appreciate the responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.