Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 M&M Status requalification race

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I think what I'll do is on the outbound I'll get to the FCL with my lounge voucher. I'll talk to the LDs about the return flight. If I can have something in writing or at least a name to cite for approval for when I land on the return, then I'll use the lounge voucher then and there. If not, I'll eat at the SEN lounge and use my voucher on the return.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by sophialite
If not, I'll eat at the SEN lounge and use my voucher on the return.
If oliver2002’s sources are correct, LSG actions will affect longhauls as of next week... you might want to bring your own catering...
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:11 am

Is it impacting lounge food?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Certainly not yet in MUC which is LSG catered & FRA is Do&Co
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: LH HON**
Sorry for the ambiguous quote, I was thinking of the inflight service. Really a shame if your HON-qualification flight becomes a catering-sabotaged one. Fingers crossed.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Vixit

Sorry for the ambiguous quote, I was thinking of the inflight service. Really a shame if your HON-qualification flight becomes a catering-sabotaged one. Fingers crossed.
It’s ok! I appreciate the sentiment.

I generally don’t eat plane food. I try to eat in the lounge beforehand. If flying in F I’ll eat if there’s lunch but I generally skip dinner. I also do breakfast.

This flight is J all the way mostly (or, entirely) because there’s no F cabin on the route.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I've meanwhile come to the point to spend the least amount of time in any lounge. Most restaurants I go are better, let alone my cellar at home.
Also I delegate more and more travels to subordinates or team members.
Have requalified SEN a few months back already until Feb 2023 and don't envisage to reach HON although I could make it if I wanted to (next year).

There was a time I found it awesome to go on any possible trip my employer wanted me to go. Meanwhile I have become a dad, have been to the same destinations over and over again (e.g. more than 50 times to SIN in the last 10 years - and I am ZRH based) and value time at home with family and friends higher. But whenever I fly I still enjoy it.
Vixit likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:42 pm

I'm with you on all of this. Don't have kids yet, so am getting out there as much as I can.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I'm with you on all of this. Don't have kids yet, so am getting out there as much as I can.
Way to go (fly). Enjoy it for the time being. It's nice and later you won't have any regrets.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Finger crossed

I'm a Y flyer. Fortunately since the past couple of years my company doesn't mind my PE ticket for long haul trip. My trick is fly SQ Y+ into SIN if my destination is somewhere in far east Asia. PE on SQ can earn150% miles on MM and it helps a lot to get me to SEN.
So far I'm quite behind the race. 2 trips to Asia plus some few short haul in EU make only 41% of target. Another booked trip to Asia in SQ PE+Y should bag another 20k by the end of Aug.
For the rest of year, I have finger crossed cos I do want to requalify in 2019 and give a break in 2020 as it will be a dead year. Maybe 2020 I can focus on requalify my CX Gold.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:17 am

I'm so close. My HON qualifying flights are next week.

Any luck accessing the FCL immediately after a qualifying flight even if the miles haven't posted yet?
Closing this out: Was granted access to FCL B even though my miles didn't post yet. Very much a case by case though.
Raul_R, vantage03 and Vixit like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager

Closing this out: Was granted access to FCL B even though my miles didn't post yet. Very much a case by case though.
That's true. As everywhere it's end up on the people that moment in charge.
My experience form FCL B is also better tham FCL A.

But most important:
I understand it's the moment to congratulate you on HON status!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Raul_R
That's true. As everywhere it's end up on the people that moment in charge.
My experience form FCL B is also better tham FCL A.

But most important:
I understand it's the moment to congratulate you on HON status!
Thank you kind sir
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
One day, I noticed I had by coincidence accumulated an interesting amount of miles. So I put forward a plan. Here are the results.

From the M&M webpage. "1 status miles". Hmmm, it looks they thought nobody would ever reach this number. Let's check out the Lufthansa app next:

"1 status miles" here as well. Finally, let's check out the M&M app:

This is where it gets interesting. "1 status mile" is displayed correctly, but it also seems to glitch the rest of the line. Notice how it ends at "to extend your", missing the "senator status" part.

All right, now that this is done, it's time to focus on OW for the next 1.5 years. And oh, would anyone know what is the absolutely lowest amount of status miles that is possible to get from a flight?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:38 am

The app has been saying that I'm at 0% progress toward HON even though the website says I'm at 99%...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.