Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM
I wish they could have just published a list of the flights they expected to cancel instead of us all constantly refreshing and crashing their website. If your flight wasn't on the list you could rest easy at least for some hours to let all the information load into the system with less of a load. Maybe it doesn't work that way.....
hugolover and PAX_fips like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flynspill
I wish they could have just published a list of the flights they expected to cancel instead of us all constantly refreshing and crashing their website. If your flight wasn't on the list you could rest easy at least for some hours to let all the information load into the system with less of a load. Maybe it doesn't work that way.....
i guess it is a process and not a fixed list. They might want to keep their options open.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
PDF lists are sooo ..... analog. Today, everything needs to be dynamic, digital, online.
Just need to think about investments in hard- and software to support this
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight cancelled...back on the phone to sort something out that could have been done yesterday or at least hours ago!

My protected segments still valid.

Have not received any notification and still shown as live in the MMB system, but I can see in GDS its binned.

Also, just issued my BP for cancelled flight a few secs ago... shows how slow system is to catch up.
PAX_fips likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:09 am

My LH1242 for Friday just got cancelled as well. Damn, on the phone to get a rebook to Austrian or the like.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Thanks, the money is least of my concern. Issue is that alternatives in J are not available, only in F they can get me home in next 24 hours... :-(
If your upgrade was confirmed call the F line, how you paid is immaterial
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: *G
Yeah, most of domestic flights are cancelled because it's easy to switch to German rail.
Also many flights are cancelled from Frankfurt to London, Madrid, Paris, Vienna, Brussels, Zurich, Istanbul and so son, I can see now.
Long distance is Beijing...
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rebooking is done. As I already had protected segments it was a 30 second call for it to go off to ticketing.
chris63 and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Rebooking is done. As I already had protected segments it was a 30 second call for it to go off to ticketing.
Glad it worked for you after all the unessesary stress LH put you through, do give us a trip report & Bon Voyage
hugolover and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63
If your upgrade was confirmed call the F line, how you paid is immaterial
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Any reference for this statement? LH didn't want to discuss this... still looking at options, but even ECO flights starting to be booked out.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:51 am

I got rebooked on both legs BLL-FRA-VIE to now BLL-CPH on SK and CPH-VIE on OS. Arriving 75 minutes later than original booking - better than so many other alternatives, I guess!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
I have read somewhere on LH.com that because of the strike, the usual UE 261 compensation is not due. Is that really true? Is this situation not covered by compensation? I will arrive at my destination 2 days later, because of the rebooked flights.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Any reference for this statement? LH didn't want to discuss this... still looking at options, but even ECO flights starting to be booked out.
The F line if that’s who you called of fully aware of that, you just refer them to your confirmation in F & the e-ticket
F line have the most flexibility with rebooking & ticket rules
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
I have read somewhere on LH.com that because of the strike, the usual UE 261 compensation is not due. Is that really true? Is this situation not covered by compensation? I will arrive at my destination 2 days later, because of the rebooked flights.
Yes, it’s an official strike as the DE lower Court confirmed, so it’s extraordinary, rather like LH behaviour over this entire debacle
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Saw that too, and I think that's a very sleazy move they're trying to pull on everyone.
EU261 isn't due in case of a strike by non-airline staff (say Eurocontrol or FRA staff).
EU261 is very much due in case of a strike by airline staff, which flight attendants most definitely are. Pretty sure there are multiple precedents. Also AF and BA paid compensations during their most recent strikes.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.