Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by oliver2002

Ouch!
Continue selling seats + communicating very late + 5* IT = 180.000 affected passengers jam the system
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by flynspill
not working currently for me.... lufthansa.com is totally down for me.... guess when you wait until the very last minute to accept your fate......
Strange, its working for me without the errors at the moment
flynspill likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On Twitter they told me that there is no confirmation on their side that the full schedule of cancellations has been posted yet.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: LH M+M
Olrite.. now in Lounge. Bag is shortchecked to FRA w/o blinking an eye - but otherwise the JNB check-in agent wasn't really aware.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went down the FR24 list for FRA tomorrow, as far as it would go, and I counted 32 flights canx including only 1 SH-BRU. It would take me to 18:35 tomorrow night.

I can't see where 700 flights canx come from? There must be loads that have not been canx yet?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
755 and 422 canceled for Thursday.

Rebooked to EK. The thought of 14 hours in the back (I doubt my ASR for extra legroom will be honored) is daunting.

How is LH with granting ORC?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Made a fixed-price upgrade to F, and need to be rebooked to other carrier. There is nothing in J available for other carriers, but LH refused to book me in F for another carrier.

Unfortunately can't check the LH site now, but is it right they refuse this rebooking in F for me?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: LH M+M
Maybe F0 "on others"? Reimbursing the upgrade price the least!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another message from Twitter, at 15:16 CET that they are STILL working on the list and it is not finalised per the message posted that it would be done by 15:00.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
CDG-MUC-JFK, MUC-JFK part cancelled, rebooked on tomorrow's AF6
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:30 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Lufthansa.com down for me, special status page returns error. I hope LH1098 on Friday is good to go !
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH has about 100 widebodies and about 20 A321 doing 'longhaul'. Not all flights are cancelled. e.g. LH412 to EWR is operating, as is LH636 to RUH. All A321 flights to AMM, TLV, etc are still on.
700 cancellations is posted here.

Let's say 2 sectors per aircraft, be generous 250, PLUS many are operating allegedly.

So where are the other 450 cancellations? They do NOT have 700 long haul per day.

I see ONE SH cancellation out of FRA. BRU. That's it.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
What are you so conecerned about numbers? The domestic cancellations are now posting... anything that was J9C9....YBM9 is now cancelling. Assume that your trip will be cancelled.
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH have misinformed from the beginning.

They said it would be done by 15:00. It is still being done? Therefore suggesting that there were no more cancellations than what has been done?

And because my trip still is not technically cancelled, it is not getting approved for LOT, which flight is oversold by five seats already but my waitlist has cleared.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Maybe F0 "on others"? Reimbursing the upgrade price the least!
Thanks, the money is least of my concern. Issue is that alternatives in J are not available, only in F they can get me home in next 24 hours... :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.