Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

A clear photo of the affected passengers holding their ID next to their face

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A clear photo of the affected passengers holding their ID next to their face

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chris63
No, seems a bit random, they didn’t ask for it for failure to provide catering Intra EU compensation & now for the same continuing problem a different CS agent asked for the ID verification
Too bad. I wanted to test my McLovin ID.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by htb
...... I also suspect that the main intention is to avoid paying out at all by adding more and more hurdles. What more than a copy of the delayed baggage document together with receipts from the same day is necessary to make reasonably sure they're sending 50€ the right way?

HTB.
I reckon they're resigned to making the payment, but determined to get some fun out of the process by humiliating their tormentors.
chris63 and mevr like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: Miles&More, Skywards
I got same request last June before sending to me via bank transfer 200€ compensation for a delayed flight.
I also found this request quite bizarre and intrusive but then I got the money in my bank account after 1 week or less so it's very effective
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Darkyz
I got same request last June before sending to me via bank transfer 200€ compensation for a delayed flight.
I also found this request quite bizarre and intrusive but then I got the money in my bank account after 1 week or less so it's very effective
Meanwhile, someone with no qualifications was able to access sensitive data and perhaps your info is still sitting in some e-mail. Looking at the track record of Lufthansa's IT performance, who knows who else had access to it or how well stored it is. But hey, you got your 200€, hopefully if you ever have to face dealing with identity theft, it will cost you less than that, but I doubt it.

Just out of curiosity, if they had asked for a blood and urine sample, would you have provided it?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
lol what identity theft is there to steal for someone's blacked out passport? at this point your name/DOB is almost certainly already out there anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.