Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Goodbye LSG? [divestiture of Skychef & associated catering go-slow/strike activities]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye LSG? [divestiture of Skychef & associated catering go-slow/strike activities]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
I have a TATL J flight ex-FRA today (19th) which I've already no-showed for due to lack of catering and I didn't have time to rebook.

I know LH is offering rebooking but future dates don't work.

Would they issue me a refund? This is for the return sector of a non-refundable return ticket. I ask only because the catering issue is their fault and they can't provide a normal service.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:09 pm

Really ... ummm.. excited about my two LH flights today... at least it's one of the few days where you can bring your tupperware into the lounge and stock up on all the Kartoffelsalat you want
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:52 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Strike called off after a court rules that verdi was not allowed to strike for such things:

Streik abgesagt

einstweilige Verfügung gegen ver.di erwirkt

Am Mittwoch um 21.27 Uhr ist gegen ver.di eine einstweilige Verfügung der Arbeitsgerichte Frankfurt und München auf Antrag der LSG-ZE, der LSG-ZD, LSG-MUC erlassen worden. Darin wird es ver.di untersagt, die LSG-Beschäftigten zu Streikmaßnahmen aufzurufen.

Wir können die Entscheidung des Gerichtes nicht nachvollziehen und prüfen rechtliche Schritte dagegen.

Da es um 22.30 Uhr schwierig ist ein Rechtsmittel einzulegen für einen Widerspruch gegen diese Entscheidung, können mögliche rechtliche Gegenmaßnahmen erst am Donnerstagmorgen erfolgen.

Wir müssen daher den Streik absagen und informieren Euch, sobald es Neuigkeiten gibt!

https://www.lsgnot4sale.de/
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:57 pm

In Aircraft to Frankfurt now. Crew informs pax with connection about the LSG strike. Seems no information yet given out to them about it being cancelled (probably still some reduced catering I must assume..)
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:28 pm

I’m flying ex FRA longhaul on Dec 21 on 3 paid Business tickets and according to Lufthansa on Twitter there is going to be only water and snacks instead of proper catering. I am booked on UA ticket stock and LH is unwilling to change the ticket as it’s stated on the website. Curious what UA can do and if they are willing to help.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by nikolask
I’m flying ex FRA longhaul on Dec 21 on 3 paid Business tickets and according to Lufthansa on Twitter there is going to be only water and snacks instead of proper catering.
The strike was announced for today (Dec 19). Dec 21 will be business as usual.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The strike was announced for today (Dec 19). Dec 21 will be business as usual.
According to the LH twitter team and the LH contact center in Germany there will be also issues on Saturday Dec 21. The website also confirms this: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-information
There will also be some restrictions on Saturday, 21 December. We will be providing a reduced catering service on long-haul flights ex Frankfurt and Munich. On board Lufthansa offers food boxes with water, snacks, chips, yoghurt and dry noodles that can be prepared with hot water.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
So happy that I already had enough of this nonsense & moved to LX, commiserations to any affected.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
how do you even tell the difference between strike and no strike these days?
hhdl likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
how do you even tell the difference between strike and no strike these days?
If it has been officially announced is a strike, otherwise it's just "another day at the office"...
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Just got an SMS from LH - the strike is off due to court decision
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: QF Gold
On way to Heathrow now for J LHR - MUC - KBP

Personal paid ticket and just got 2 emails RE no catering.

Any options?

Should I ask to go via VIE or is this LH group wide?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:09 am

Only LH.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:13 am

Lots of snacks to take away for free in FRA. Seems they didn’t deliver the message to the staff locally
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Smile

Looks like LH long-haul may not be affected, as I just received this email at 11:20 CET today. I didn't not receive a similar email about my short-haul from BRU but that is of no interest to me anyway.

Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde,

das Arbeitsgericht hat den Streik bei LSG Sky Chefs untersagt. Die Langstreckenflüge werden daher mit dem regulären Catering beladen. Mehr auf lufthansa.com

Dear Lufthansa Passenger,

Yesterday evening, the labor court banned the strike at LSG Sky Chefs. Long-haul flights are loaded with the regular catering product. More information at lufthansa.com

Best regards
Your Lufthansa Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.