Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH Express / AirRail as part of the travel - can I skip, get off earlier, join later?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Express / AirRail as part of the travel - can I skip, get off earlier, join later?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Executive Blue
Great, thank you Of course, going all the way to Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof and then backtracking would be an option, too.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:46 am

These trains don't stop in Vaihingen. You would need to backtrack from Stuttgart and buy a separate ticket for Stuttgart to Vaihingen.
Renting a car in Frankfurt is inconvenient (in addition to the wait at the rental counter it is a long walk to the car) and currently extremely expensive.
Can your relatives pick you up in Stuttgart? It is only around 30 km to Vaihingen.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 4:19 pm

Lufthansa Flight/Train Combo tickets - how do they work luggage wise?

Highly considering changing my current LH flight to a different one.

Current flight is Turin to Dusseldorf with a layover in Munich.
Want to change to Turin to Frankfurt (which I cannot do but I can do Turin to Dusseldorf with a stop in Frankfurt.

TRN - FRA would be a flight then a stop for about 55 mins and then a train from FRA to DUS.

I don't want to take the train portion instead I want to go on a different train (booked on my own of course) so I end up in Dortmund (which is where I need to be when all is said and done).

Can I take the flight change (minimal cost to do so) stopping in FRA and claim my checked bags and just not board the DUS train but instead get on the train I book to Dortmund?

Or does a combo ticket mean my luggage is unloaded and moved to the train directly and therefore my luggage ends up in DUS no matter what.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Greg
Old Nov 12, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
There is no checked baggage on Deutsche Bahn trains. You always collect your bags in Frankfurt (or Munich) and take them with you on the train.

There is also no system in place to track whether you actually took the train or not. Thus there's no issue with your plan to drop the train segment.
GCS2000 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 3:33 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by the810
There is also no system in place to track whether you actually took the train or not. Thus there's no issue with your plan to drop the train segment.
Hi all, does this statement also applies to an international segment (ZMU-ZRH)? With other words, does LH track Deutsche Bahn train riders on international sections (Munich-Zurich)?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 4:34 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Nic33
Hi all, does this statement also applies to an international segment (ZMU-ZRH)? With other words, does LH track Deutsche Bahn train riders on international sections (Munich-Zurich)?
There's no way to track them, you'll be fine
Old Feb 12, 2024, 6:11 am

Programs: LX SEN
Many thanks. This is quite helpful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.