Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Heathrow (LHR) Lufthansa lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:26 am
Original Poster

London Heathrow (LHR) Lufthansa lounge

How does this lounge stack up the really solid AC/UA lounges at T2? I have heard really mixed reviews about the LH Lounges at LHR. Heard they are busy all the time but how does the LH Sen lounge food stack up with the AC/UA lounges?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some comparisons here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...r-lounges.html
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Truffles
Prawn curry again today. This is going to get boring very quickly. I hate to say it, but the United lounge is much better, If only it were not such a long walk away from LH gates.
This review says the LH SEN loungeis the best in T2....
Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
This review says the LH SEN loungeis the best in T2....
Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2
I don't know how much the got for their review, but the AC, SQ and UA easily blow both parts of the LH lounge out of the water. And for our bubbly lovers here: SQ and UA still serve free Champagne, while even the SEN part of the LH lounge, like all SEN lounges, has been downgraded to cheap bubbly.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:16 am

The LH LHR lounge always had prosecco and not champagne. The Do&Co representative that was there explaining all the features to me and rcs85551 mentioned that he feared people will automatically assume its cheap/inferior because its not french
Old Nov 1, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
LHR lounge access

If I fly a Lufthansa flight from LHR to FRA in Business Class, will I be able to access the Singapore / United / Air Canada lounges (I have no Lufthansa status)
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
If I fly a Lufthansa flight from LHR to FRA in Business Class, will I be able to access the Singapore / United / Air Canada lounges (I have no Lufthansa status)
You can access them all, as per *A rules. However, it is a bit of a walk to the other lounges and no moving walkways on your way back to the LH gate.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:33 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
It seems they stopped giving you a free courtesy ride in a golf cart on the way back to the main terminal. So it's like a 15 min walk in each direction to access the SQ/UA/AC lounges.

It's probably still worthwhile if you have a lot of time to kill. IYAM, the UA lounge is by far the best in T2.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Unless you plan to have over 60 minutes airside prior to boarding, there is no point in doing this. The LH Business lounge is perfectly nice. Yes, the UA lounge is the best in T2, but only for afternoon departures (when you can make use of the bar) and when flights depart from B. I actually prefer the LH breakfast. It is rare for a LH flight to depart from the B gates, and there is no point in arriving early at T2 purely for lounge hopping.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
The satellite lounges aren't so much better that they are worth the long walk, IMO
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:01 am

Different perspective – either the UA/AC lounges are, time permitting, a great excuse for a nice pre-flight's terminal walk (but I'm an avid long-distance runner, I understand that other people may find a 15 minutes' walk a bit of a challenge or simply can't be arsed ).

G
worldclubber and Maniak like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by 1flyer
It seems they stopped giving you a free courtesy ride in a golf cart on the way back to the main terminal. So it's like a 15 min walk in each direction to access the SQ/UA/AC lounges.

It's probably still worthwhile if you have a lot of time to kill. IYAM, the UA lounge is by far the best in T2.
The golf cart ride depends on whether a cart is going back anyway. Have only taken it once, however, as I need the walk after all the food and drink at the UA lounge.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I haven't used the UA lounge. I have used the LH, SQ and AC lounges. I think LH is the best of those three.

But getting between the two piers is so time consuming, it's not worth it to go unless you have time to kill.

I really use the SQ/AC lounge only when I have a departure from the second pier. Usually LX/LH leaves from the main building, but I've had departures from Pier 2 a non-trivial number of times.

I'll probably try the UA lounge next time if my flight leaves from Pier 2 based on the comments ITT.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:19 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Food-wise I prefer SQ. If u drink alcohol, there is a nice cocktail list at UA Lounge and there is one drink where they place 2 glasses into one - as colors are different - it looks great and tastes great.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by sophialite
I haven't used the UA lounge. I have used the LH, SQ and AC lounges. I think LH is the best of those three.

But getting between the two piers is so time consuming, it's not worth it to go unless you have time to kill.

I really use the SQ/AC lounge only when I have a departure from the second pier. Usually LX/LH leaves from the main building, but I've had departures from Pier 2 a non-trivial number of times.

I'll probably try the UA lounge next time if my flight leaves from Pier 2 based on the comments ITT.
The all have something going for them, but LH „the best“? LH is OK but often crowded, AC has the best coffee maker, SQ has Singapore Sling ice-cream and United probably has the best bubbly. Would recommend to the OP to check out more than one, if you walk over anyway.
AlicorporateUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.