Search

Status Miles: inconsistent

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More
Status Miles: inconsistent

Hello everyone,
I thought that Status Miles were still rewarded as a function of booking class and distance. However, I have noticed that I have been receiving the same number of status miles for different booking classes and different distances:
GVA-ATH (Class U): 750 + 188 (FTL executive bonus)
MUC-GVA (Class U): 750 + 188 (FTL executive bonus)
LCA-MUC (Class U): 750 + 188 (FTL executive bonus)
FRA-LCA (Class Q): 750 + 188 (FTL executive bonus)
GVA-FRA (Class Q): 750 + 188 (FTL executive bonus)

Would it be possible to clarify how it actually works, please? In the end, I actually received more miles than if calculated using miles distances with the corresponding multiplier, but I am just confused...

Thank you for the clarifications!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by jscivi
Hello everyone,
I thought that Status Miles were still rewarded as a function of booking class and distance. However, I have noticed that I have been receiving the same number of status miles for different booking classes and different distances:

Would it be possible to clarify how it actually works, please? In the end, I actually received more miles than if calculated using miles distances with the corresponding multiplier, but I am just confused...

Yes, you understood correctly

It’s M&L they undertook major changes to the programme without having an IT system capable of the task

One day they might get round to fixing it but don’t hold your breath
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by chris63
One day they might get round to fixing it but don’t hold your breath
I think someone on FT mentioned a promise in writing that all erroneous mileage credits would eventually be reviewed. In any case, I am with you and not holding my breath. Most people in IT would be out of a job after such a release to production but LH seems to be quite lenient with their staff.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by mmff
I think someone on FT mentioned a promise in writing that all erroneous mileage credits would eventually be reviewed. In any case, I am with you and not holding my breath. Most people in IT would be out of a job after such a release to production but LH seems to be quite lenient with their staff.
Yes, they usually get round to fixing things eventually

If you don’t put the right investment into IT your unlikely to get the right results
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by mmff
I think someone on FT mentioned a promise in writing that all erroneous mileage credits would eventually be reviewed.
I reported on the thread below, but never got any mile credited following the email that I had received from M&M.

Software bug crediting award miles | Systematically to few M&M
mmff likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:53 am

From what I remember, Status Miles for flights in Europe are calculated solely on the basis of the booking class, and so class U and Q earns 750 miles + 25% FTL executive bonus. So to me all look ok.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by jscivi
Hello everyone,

European flights have been done by a set distance for a while now.
U and Q are in the same bucket (750 / 1.5x)
All is just as it is supposed to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.