Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FCT tagged luggage incorrectly now lost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:25 am

Be patient

Welcome to my world! Four years at LHR, BA did the exact same thing to me. They put my luggage tag on the luggage of the guy next to me and vice versa. When we got to Zurich and the problem was discovered, BA knew exactly where my bag was going - to Milan. I was told they would contact Milan and get the bag to me within a day or two. We were staying in Lauterbrunnen for a week which was very small. Fortunately I was able to purchase some clothes and rent hiking boots for a week since my bag never showed up. There was absolutely no one i could talk to regarding this but found using Twitter got some response, like be patient.
BA did reimburse me for things purchase during that week and they were lucky I am very frugal and only spent $500. Upon returning home I filled out paperwork detailing the contents of my lost bag and that is when they took notice.
The biggest surprise of all was that 6 weeks after the bag was sent to the wrong destination, the bag showed up at my front door. There was no phone call, no email, nothing notifying me that bag was returning to Austin. Fortunately everything was inside and nothing lost. The stories it could have told me! Now I am always sure to look at the tag that is attached to my bag to make sure that at least it is going to the same city I am going to.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:30 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MADPhil
And always check the bag attached to your tag

It's also a good idea to put some information about how to contact you while travelling in a reasonably accessible place in the bag.
At the FCT they check in the luggage for you, so you do not see the tags, just the receipts.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: KL, BD, BA, CO
This happened to me about 15 years ago and my bag was traced by the sticker the agent put on my boarding pass. it took around 2 weeks for the suitcase to find its way home, so don't panic. Did the agent/machine provide you with the small sticky barcode with the tag number on it?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
OP, did you ever get your bag back?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Yes i did. Sorry forgot to update. Got it back after 7 days. A polite succient email outlining the 6 different errors they made got me a 100% refund on clothes and toiletries $385 USD and 10000 miles.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Glad to hear you at least got it back, though that was an awful experience. Was the $385 the refund or an additional form of compensation?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Glad to hear you at least got it back, though that was an awful experience. Was the $385 the refund or an additional form of compensation?
it was a refund only no compensation apart from 10000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.