Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa cancelled flights without authorisation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

I have contacted Resolver.co.uk, they seem pretty good and offer a free service to forward your complaint to the right peoplem fingers crossed!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Smiffster20
Also I have seen on here this has happened before and when taken to small claims court, they offered business class tickets and reinstatement
Well, I hope you didn't tell this the LH agent...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

No of course not!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by Smiffster20
I have checked my history in case I had checked my booking that day and nothing! My cancellation email came in at 11.06am and I checked at 11.07am and then e,mailed them, so hadn't even checked Lufthansa that day! My husband was out in town without internet access.

So this must prove that it's either a glitch or Lufthansa cancelled it
I am sure LH can and will find out, when they are approached by a lawer, from which IP address it was cancelled and from which IP address the reservation was checked and the upgrade was requested.
Are you really sure that you didn't do a wrong manipulation on your side, when checking and requesting the upgrade?

Assuming LH can prove you have cancelled the booking (accidentally) yourself, LH may ask for a compensation for their effort to refute your allegations.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

I have now rebooked both flights and cancelled my second leg as I can't wait for this to be resolved as the prices will go up.. To cancel, you need to click cancel and refund, and then tick you are authlorised to cancel the other persons booking and then click you are sure. Most definately did I not do this. I make numourous bookings a year and am no stranger to these sites. Also when I requested the upgrade I got an email confirming my bid have been received, so no mistake there either. I await the investigation as I am 100% certain it was not from this end.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

This is a post someone sent me on Trip Advisor, so definately not a one off!

I hear you, OP. I had a similar issue a few years back with LH, except that I only found out at the check-in desk in the airport that my ticket was canceled and refunded. What is also similar is that I made a change to my res a few days before (changed the booking class), and that LH was unable to tell me where the cancelation originated from, they had no record of the IP address at all, they could only tell me that it was canceled. And same story, they told me that I canceled it, but I absolutely did not (I mean why would I go to the airport to check-in on a res that I canceled?)
In the end I had to buy an expensive new ticket on the spot in the airport, and I had a long fight with LH but eventually got the new ticket refunded as a "one-time gesture". They still didn't accept any blame though, and they still couldn't tell where the cancelation originated from.

I don't believe that OP was hacked, neither do I believe I was hacked. Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. I think LH has severe IT issues where some changed tickets may fail some validation process and get canceled on the fly (I said some, not all!). I wouldn't be surprised if the issue again stems from a mismatch between the reservation and the ticket after a change was made.

In meanwhile I have become wiser and I have learned how to check my actual ticket status on LH so this won't ever happen again to me at the airport. But LH really need to fix their systems!!! In the least they need to be able to explain WHERE a cancelation originated from, instead of always assuming that the customer must have done it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.