Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa cancelled flights without authorisation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Smiffster20
I paid via credit card in March
The flights are for October. I noticed our seats which we had paid for were changed without notice and had contacted Lufthansa via email to request them back, I also applied for an upgrade.

The next thing is a few days later I received an email saying the booking had been cancelled. I certainly didn't cancel it but the email implies I did

I have tried online to look at the booking but it says it's cancelled.

We will call CS tomorrow if we don't hear back via email/social media. I just have an idea they will try and blame me for cancelling it
Can you post the email you sent? Perhaps something in it gave the impression you wanted to cancel? And what do you mean when you said you ‘also applied for an upgrade’?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you call reservations you can resolve this much quicker that writing emails orgoing ballistic on social media. Every change to a reservation is recorded, so if someone made changes it can be traced.
Often1 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Indeed, rather than to make a rant here the OP should call LH/reservations to have this resolved. Most likely some kind of misunderstanding, but luckily there is plenty of time to the departure date.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I'd have thought it simpler and more effective to deal with the airline's reservation team than with a bunch of strangers in a chat room.

Please don't even think of answering requests to publish details of your tickets and correspondence with Lufthansa. We all love to know the nitty griity of these things, but its best to limit the personal information you put online.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
We can have a great time speculating why your tickets were cancelled. Maybe LH suspected a stolen credit card, maybe your card declined it, maybe you bought an error fare, maybe LH forgot to ticket it, maybe maybe maybe. You are providing information in piecemeal, which is not helpful at all. I get the sense that there is more to the story than is provided here. Be that as it may, I suspect your best bet is to get in touch with LH reservations directly.
Often1 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
We can have a great time speculating why your tickets were cancelled. Maybe LH suspected a stolen credit card, maybe your card declined it, maybe you bought an error fare, maybe LH forgot to ticket it, maybe maybe maybe. You are providing information in piecemeal, which is not helpful at all. I get the sense that there is more to the story than is provided here. Be that as it may, I suspect your best bet is to get in touch with LH reservations directly.
My thoughts entirely, it’s easy to send them feedback & just phone reservations
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:08 am
Original Poster

I am not ranting on here, I was merely seeing if this had happened to anyone before or if anhyone had contact details which might help.

I will contact the reservations department, thanks
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Smiffster20
I am not ranting on here, I was merely seeing if this had happened to anyone before or if anhyone had contact details which might help.

I will contact the reservations department, thanks
Please let us know what happens!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

We called their CS in Frankfurt only to be told that the booking had been cancelled online, htey couldn't say if it was us but it had been, so basically nothing they could do. We asked to be put through to a supervisor who refused to take our call.

Amazed at how bad their CS is, they can't prove it was us or won't admit it was their end. No-one emails back and we tried another department for claims and were on ho,d for 1 hour 20mins before giving up. I guess it's a new flight and small claims court?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I can't see that this has been asked before, but what channel did you use to book these tickets?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

We booked directly with Lufthansa
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

I have checked my history in case I had checked my booking that day and nothing! My cancellation email came in at 11.06am and I checked at 11.07am and then e,mailed them, so hadn't even checked Lufthansa that day! My husband was out in town without internet access.

So this must prove that it's either a glitch or Lufthansa cancelled it
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:05 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Does anybody have your booking reference number apart from you?
(Did you unknowingly post a pic if it somewhere maybe? or shared it?)

Because to me it seems really weird that a system would cancel a ticket itself and then stating it was cancelled online (by you). I mean the odds of that are minimal.
I bet that someone (maybe unknowingly) cancelled it.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Nope, nowhere

We don't use public computers and have a password protected wi-fi.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Also I have seen on here this has happened before and when taken to small claims court, they offered business class tickets and reinstatement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.