Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH introduces pyjamas and mattresses in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by chris63
The OP is a serious & valued member of this Forum.
^
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Lakeviewsteve
I can't believe all the ridiculous posts on here about such a trivial thing as pajamas. The op must have created this mess on purpose.
It rather amazes me how somebody can be bothered to post such a useless comment. I appreciate(d) the start of the discussion by andywaw, who generally makes useful contributions to this forum.
chris63 and N1003U like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lakeviewsteve
The op must have created this mess on purpose.
I don't understand this comment. The OP was merely reporting Lufthansa's press release.
chris63, N1003U and worldclubber like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: LX SEN
Surprisingly, while I was leaving the plane from PE on a MUC-JFK a340 flight, I noticed the mattress bags in C. Not only it was a shorter than 10:30 flight, but also it was a day flight.

I will fly MIA-FRA in C in a few days. Flight is also shorter than 10:30. I will report on the presence of any mattresses.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:45 am

Data point -

I flew FRA-SEA and no new kit (I asked out-of-curiosity why and the crew was very apologetic, there was no need to as I wasn't complaining at all but nice from them nonetheless, I suspect they just didn't have a clue); I was, however, very pleased (and admittedly a bit surprised) to find it on the return flight after 2 days.

Nice touch from LH ^

G
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I flew FRA-SEA and no new kit (I asked out-of-curiosity why and the crew was very apologetic, there was no need to as I wasn't complaining at all but nice from them nonetheless, I suspect they just didn't have a clue); I was, however, very pleased (and admittedly a bit surprised) to find it on the return flight after 2 days.
FRA-SEA is considered a "day flight", as it leaves FRA in the morning and arrives in SEA at around noon (local). So, by LH's logic, no mattress and sleep shirt.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
FRA-SEA is considered a "day flight", as it leaves FRA in the morning and arrives in SEA at around noon (local). So, by LH's logic, no mattress and sleep shirt.
Thanks, my fault indeed for not reading the press release in full.

G
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:40 am

Thanks, my fault for not reading the press release in full.
Pleasure, that's what a forum is for, I guess.

And, LH created some confusion with its press releases themselves, because at least one press release said (IIRC) that the new amenities will only be available on flights from Germany, which some (inluding you) have reported is not the case. So thank you for the additional data point from your inbound flight.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Data point -

Originally Posted by worldclubber
The block time for FRA-SEA is 10h10m, slightly under the magic number of 10h30m. The block time for SEA-FRA is only 9h45m but it is an overnight flight.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The block time for FRA-SEA is 10h10m, slightly under the magic number of 10h30m. The block time for SEA-FRA is only 9h45m but it is an overnight flight.
Yes, so LH just cause confusion & possibly disappointment ahead, better to just provide it on all J longhaul flights, after all they claim to be a 5* airline.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
There still seems to be some in-house confusion at LH and/or lack of communication between marketing and operations concerning direction and block times. Hope they get this sorted soon.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Last week on the Fra-Kix and v.v. flights the matress, new blanket and t-shirt was availiable... both day flights....
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
Last week on the Fra-Kix and v.v. flights the matress, new blanket and t-shirt was availiable... both day flights....
Talking of consistency...

G
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
KIX-FRA is certainly a long day flight but I'm not sure if I call a flight which departs at 13:45 and arrives at 7:45 the following morning a day flight. Although when the flight arrives in KIX it's only just after midnight in Europe, most people try to sleep during the flight.

Anyway I'm glad to hear they are providing the mattress, etc. on flights to Asia.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I’m taking a day flight SEA-FRA. Can you still expect all those offerings even if we leave at 1:50 in the afternoon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.