Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH introduces pyjamas and mattresses in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Wow, that is poor 👎 I thought they were 100% cotton & will check if it’s changed.
Depends on what you mean by "were". The ones I checked were from early 2017, but I was still given the same type very recently.

But here's the proof:

Old May 17, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
[QUOTE=worldclubber;29763665]Depends on what you mean by "were". The ones I checked were from early 2017, but I was still given the same type very recently.
]

I have some from years back to recently, I was not doubting what you said at all.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Van Laack has been utter crap since they moved the factory to the Far East. Same for HB. All rubbish.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:32 am

I have some from years back to recently, I was not doubting what you said at all.
Just meant that my collection may not go as far back as yours does, but the same van Laack ones have been around for quite a while. if I am not mistaken.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Just meant that my collection may not go as far back as yours does, but the same van Laack ones have been around for quite a while. if I am not mistaken.
Maybe, mine go back to JU-52

I still have the ones without pockets in the trousers. I’m itching just thinking about all that Polyester
Old May 17, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Van Laack has been utter crap since they moved the factory to the Far East. Same for HB. All rubbish.
Shame to see a good brand go downhill.

Luckily there is LX & Zimmerli 👍
Old May 17, 2018, 12:14 pm

Maybe, mine go back to JU-52

I still have the ones without pockets in the trousers. I’m itching just thinking about all that Polyester
The last time I flew the Ju52 there were no PJs.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Bedding on Board LH 744 J

I am not a *A traveller by any stretch of the imagination. I was able to find LH award space in J to where I wanted to go for Oktoberfest, and this will be my second time flying LH. The first time was ORD-FRA on the 747-8 in F (what a treat!).

Im just wondering what kind of bedding/turn down service (I doubt there is one, but I’ve been surprised before) LH offers on the all J planes? The only reason I ask is because I was considering bringing my own pillow and blanket if LH does not offer adequate on board pillows and blankets.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I am not a *A traveller by any stretch of the imagination. I was able to find LH award space in J to where I wanted to go for Oktoberfest, and this will be my second time flying LH. The first time was ORD-FRA on the 747-8 in F (what a treat!).

Im just wondering what kind of bedding/turn down service (I doubt there is one, but I’ve been surprised before) LH offers on the all J planes? The only reason I ask is because I was considering bringing my own pillow and blanket if LH does not offer adequate on board pillows and blankets.
They offer a foam pillow and a blanket. Has always been adequate for me. There is no turn-down service and no special mattress.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Depending on the length of your flight you might get a sleep shirt and a mattress in business. More information in this thread: LH introduces pyjamas and mattresses in Business Class

Press release: https://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/...1-baf70f9f6d22
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:06 am

Basically same seat, blanket and pillow on all LH flights in J, except for very long „night flights“ on which you will get said mattress-topper and a sleep shirt.

I find the blanket completely adequate, reads „have never been cold“, but would bring a pillow if you are picky concerning pillows.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
I can't believe all the ridiculous posts on here about such a trivial thing as pajamas. The op must have created this mess on purpose.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Flying on LH491 from Seattle, so I’m assuming I get all the offerings, even if it’s a daytime departure?

What kills me the most is temperatures. I need mine cold in order to sleep.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Any updates on which Asian routes are included starting this month? I’m flying MUC-HKG in a couple of weeks.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lakeviewsteve
I can't believe all the ridiculous posts on here about such a trivial thing as pajamas. The op must have created this mess on purpose.
A lot of PAX pay 1.000’s for their long flights in LH J & don’t wish to arrive at the destination in crumpled & less than clean clothing...... nothing ridiculous about that !

And in F they pay even more & the provision of cheap PJ’s is not appreciated.

The OP is a serious & valued member of this Forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.