Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't have much faith in the LOT CEO. Look at the XW. It makes them even more uncompetitive on connecting traffic. Mr Milky's influence is negligible. Maybe Comrade Kaczynski has seem him in Crocs and is scarred for life.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
Previously XW was 60 PLN ex-WAW its just gone up to 81 PLN ex-WAW

That's a 35% increase, completely crazy!

A KRK-WAW-xxx RT has a Polish airport tax component of 212.97 PLN

To do a promotional, she would typically take off the YQ and adjust the fare. But her domestic YQ is 42 PLN (21 per segment) exactly the same like the XW, with a fare basis of say 5-10 PLN. Even less beans into her coffers and even more money will need to come from the PL taxpayer who basically never fly Basia

For the time being, things look the same in the regions, KRK still 50zl

When comparing like-for-like fares, unless she reduces the YQ or her fare component, other airlines will seem more competitively priced having a lower XW burden
yeah they talked about that recently , its not only basia but all airlines , except some few routes which are deemed as important
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fifty_two
yeah they talked about that recently , its not only basia but all airlines , except some few routes which are deemed as important
Yes, I know its for all carriers ex-WAW. But LOT is the most affected... Which routes? Could you send a link?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Yes, I know its for all carriers ex-WAW. But LOT is the most affected... Which routes? Could you send a link?
Addis Ababa, Bangkok, Bilbao, Mumbai, Hanoi, Cairo, Manchester, San Francisco, Toulouse and Washington

These increases are a part of a bigger long term plan , all flights from poland will be affected by this change from January 2022

see articles here

fly4free = https://www.fly4free.pl/loty-z-warsz...in-do-radomia/

pasazer = https://www.pasazer.com/news/460682/...bowiazuja.html

But LOT is the most affected.
Looks like not completely , according to other sources i read , but iam not a LO fan so i am not really concerned
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bringing this back to LOT, I just had notification of cancellations for January. At a cursory glance, it seems all services to/from KTW on Sunday are cancelled in Jan and Feb. The site seems to have crashed, I can't search or open bookings, therefore I am guessing a lot more has been binned than a few domestics.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 1:35 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
New S/H seats

Link and pictures (in Polish): https://www.rynek-lotniczy.pl/wiadom...ele-13153.html

Apparently there was an event for LO employees and Tour Operators.

Not sure, if this should be the highest priority, though.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

B38M LVD had its winglet damaged at LHR today by a Menzies vehicle. Flight canx
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WAW/Regions to DXB 1399 PLN today (apart from WAW which is wide open & LUZ) I couldn't find a single day from the regions where the fare available. KL/AF is significantly cheaper.

Fare is loaded, but no seats on the return. Not the first time there are these scam prices.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

WAW/Regions to DXB 1399 PLN today (apart from WAW which is wide open & LUZ)

I couldn't find a single day from the regions where the fare available

Fare is loaded, but no seats on the return. Not the first time there are these scam prices.
At least FZ and W6 fares are available , so i dont think LO will catch up with competition , they even try to sell DXB tickets as promo fares but its a joke

. KL/AF is significantly cheaper..
Yeap , without mentionning the choice for flights and the fact that they dont fly with b737
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:50 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Bringing this back to LOT, I just had notification of cancellations for January. At a cursory glance, it seems all services to/from KTW on Sunday are cancelled in Jan and Feb. The site seems to have crashed, I can't search or open bookings, therefore I am guessing a lot more has been binned than a few domestics.
I know some short haul Europe flights have been as well for January and February, flights that operated in December and will do again in March. Very curious!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose you’re always learning something, only today did I realise the benefit of guest plus family is not extended to SEN on LO it’s only for HON. SEN can take only one guest just like Star Gold. It’s weird. I thought it was a core benefit for SEN.

With Basia there is a super fine line between SEN and Gold. Also recall how I highlighted that pax on the same PNR are not extended the benefits of ASR as is the norm with M&M airlines.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:20 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I suppose you’re always learning something, only today did I realise the benefit of guest plus family is not extended to SEN on LO it’s only for HON. SEN can take only one guest just like Star Gold. It’s weird. I thought it was a core benefit for SEN.

With Basia there is a super fine line between SEN and Gold. Also recall how I highlighted that pax on the same PNR are not extended the benefits of ASR as is the norm with M&M airlines.
Did they change the policy? In the past I (SEN) was able to access the Schengen lounges in WAW with both the Mrs. + jr. (both no status at this point in time). I don't remember if we got access to the lounge in KRK via my SEN Status or Priority Pass.

IIRC I was also able to use ASR for the entire family.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it’s changed. ASR too.

On another topic, there’s some kind of incident in WAW, fire service on the runway, nothing is leaving or arriving.

Diversions have started, LO282 to KTW. LO30 to GDN. LO632 KTW.

Last edited by hugolover; Jan 4, 2022 at 7:11 am
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given her eclectic mix of routes, its worthwhile keeping an eye on LO195 WAW-NQZ. Will be flown on SP-LWF/G. Most flights to NQZ are canx given the situation in KZ.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: TK*G (E+)
Looks like DUB suspended again (from 20/01 until 28/03)
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.