Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2023, 1:45 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
For those who would like to have this 'Elite Lounge feeling' - Piper is in in my local Biedronka for PLN 169.99

(Context for those not living in PL: Biedronka is the largest chain of discount groceries (think Lidl or Whole Foods but normally shops are smaller however located all over the place).
the810 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:19 am

Programs: Miles and More (Senator)
Originally Posted by TPJ
For those who would like to have this 'Elite Lounge feeling' - Piper is in in my local Biedronka for PLN 169.99

(Context for those not living in PL: Biedronka is the largest chain of discount groceries (think Lidl or Whole Foods but normally shops are smaller however located all over the place).
Sigh, there used to be a great promo with Piper in Biedronka for only PLN 99 around 3 years ago (and for a short period there was even a 3 for 2 promo, with two bottler for PLN 198...those were the days).
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ

Originally Posted by JD3313
Sigh, there used to be a great promo with Piper in Biedronka for only PLN 99 around 3 years ago (and for a short period there was even a 3 for 2 promo, with two bottler for PLN 198...those were the days).
In the best interest of FT's sportmanship towards those who intend to replicate any WAW's lounge feeling (and, why not, LO glamorous onboard's C experience), Żywiec beer available in abundance (and at a fairly attractive price) at your local Żabka store (context for those not living in PL: they are normally tiny "corner shops" featuring the convenience of not having to queue for ages as in Biedronka or Lidl). For those not lucky enough to reside in PL, your local Polski Sklep will be happy to comply with a vast choice including indeed Żywiec but also another all-time Heineken-owned favourite: Tatra.

G
the810 and KrzysztofS like this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 7:23 am

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TPJ
I hope you don't mean Whole Foods in US and Canada. It is definitely not a discount store. Some refer to it as "Whole Paycheque".
the810 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by JD3313
Now we know where (and when) Basia got their bottles.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Żywiec beer available in abundance (and at a fairly attractive price)
The only attractive price for Żywiec is if they pay me at least 50€ per bottle I drink.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by the810
The only attractive price for Żywiec is if they pay me at least 50€ per bottle I drink.
Shocking statement coming from a beer connoisseur like your-good-self. However, just for this time, no reporting to moderators or anything like that, you’ll get away with a minor amendment to your original post:

The only attractive price for Żywiec? is if they pay me at least 50€ per bottle I drink Not even at gunpoint!

G
chris63, the810 and bertles86 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH
There was non alcoholic “champagne” on my last flight with LO. It was quite nice but on the sweet side.
oskiboski likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Shocking statement coming from a beer connoisseur like your-good-self. However, just for this time, no reporting to moderators or anything like that, you’ll get away with a minor amendment to your original post:

G
I'll suffer through two cans of Zywiec for a 100 EUR... that's like... 6 bottles of Piper worth
AlicorporateUK and the810 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I'll suffer through two cans of Zywiec for a 100 EUR... that's like... 6 bottles of Piper worth
Do tell where you can buy 6 Bottles of Piper for 100 € ?
Old Sep 12, 2023, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Do tell where you can buy 6 Bottles of Piper for 100 € ?
In Biedronka, in reference to #2180
the810 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 1:56 pm

Shocking statement coming from a beer connoisseur like your-good-self.
Just because I'm a beer connoisseur doesn't mean I'm not cheap. Think about it, if they got me that deal and I drank 3 bottles of that glorified piss, I'd be able to afford yet another upgrade to LOT Business Class, which means even more Piper and some beef with 1 cl of sauce and dry dumplings. Alternatively, for the same price, I could fly Austrian to Klagenfurt and get two pieces of tomato accompanied by a cucumber and some leftover cheese from Spar. Isn't that better than being charged 7 euros for a craft beer in Gdansk?

Originally Posted by Patrickschmidt
There was non alcoholic “champagne” on my last flight with LO. It was quite nice but on the sweet side.
Reminds me of the time I've spent two hours in Polonez thinking about how bad their sparkling wine is before I noticed I was drinking a non-alcoholic one. This is the worst story I have from Polonez because I can't even blame it on me being drunk.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
In Biedronka, in reference to #2180
Sure, 36 EUR for 1 Bottle, = € 216 for 6 ?
Old Sep 12, 2023, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reminds me of the time I've spent two hours in Polonez thinking about how bad their sparkling wine is before I noticed I was drinking a non-alcoholic one. This is the worst story I have from Polonez because I can't even blame it on me being drunk.
Made my Day.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Sure, 36 EUR for 1 Bottle, = € 216 for 6 ?
#2180 refers to a bottle being 99 Zl and a 2 for 3 being available (yes, I realize it's not current pricing, otherwise I'd be really angry for not knowing this last week when I was in Poland) That gives me 3 bottles for 198 which is close enough to 50 EUR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.