Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Any particular routes suffering from cancx/schedule changes?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: A3
LO 389 WAW/BER cancelled on particular days, my booking SOF/WAW/BER was automatically postponed by one day because of this
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, they finally dropped UA/RU/BY forever, there's nothing on sale.
Lots of domestic binned, the non-WAW regional routes, plus Sat frequencies further slashed, perhaps that's also due to the DH8 leaving.
And reductions all over for the EU routes.

I guess there is gonna be a slot waiver?

LOT are being very cautious in Winter 2022/3, and remember it was a Winter schedule they have slashed, meaning it was already reduced versus summer. Obviously airlines are cautious about what's coming. I'm surprised they're hiring so many staff right now.

Ukraine is a particular blessing. I took a gamble they would extend the Ukraine/Russia policy and they did. I bought a few tickets in May. They're usable anytime to VNO/TLL/RIX/KSC/OTP/BUD/KIV and interchange all Polish airports free of charge. Fly by March 25, 2023. Probably the most generous procedure even taking into accounts the first year of the Covid policy and will save a fortune.

Last edited by hugolover; Aug 11, 2022 at 7:29 am
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:21 am

Randomly my booking for next May now has a warning message saying for some ancillary services I have to contact LOT Contact Centre.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That happens when you rebooked your ticket sometimes.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
That happens when you rebooked your ticket sometimes.
Only thing I did recently was to ask an agent acting for LOT to change seats on the aircraft to the opposite side. Only thing I can think of is a flight will be cancelled in the near future. Already cancelled flights on a Wednesday in the winter schedule.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah that's why, yes for some reason that screws it up and also if you purchase stuff offline. I wonder if its cos they changed the market. Tbh, I really don't know why and probably neither does LOT (nor care).
iLied likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:14 pm

Ah that's why, yes for some reason that screws it up and also if you purchase stuff offline. I wonder if its cos they changed the market. Tbh, I really don't know why and probably neither does LOT (nor care).
In theory it shouldn’t as I used the same market to buy the ticket and modify the seats.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:26 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by MichalB
I was not precise. Z is for bid/paid upgrades, not sure of the other scenario.
The other day, I decided to bid the lowest amount on an E90 flight. Not only my bid was accepted, but I also scored 1D - with amazing amount of legroom.

I had only my Smartphone with me and I could not see the booking class on lot.com. flysas.com shown I-class (*A redemption). To my surprise, TK credited me with full C miles.

Not that I complain, but I am not sure how Plusgrade really works.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1D on an E90, not an E95, can you provide the reg? Was it LME/F?

I expect 2AB to have minimal legroom as basically 1D is the equivalent of 2D on LMA-D and G/H.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:45 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
1D on an E90, not an E95, can you provide the reg? Was it LME/F?

I expect 2AB to have minimal legroom as basically 1D is the equivalent of 2D on LMA-D and G/H.
Too late as the FR24 data is gone (I do not have any special package purchased), but it was Sliwka Naleczowska - so most likely LNC. Ohhh - then my bad - if LNC it was E95
hugolover and iLied like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
What is it with LO 787 and windows... didn't they have this a few months ago?

Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It didn't declare MAYDAY. The cockpit window shattered on LRC on 14AUG, this was LRA. It left JFK with only a 3 hour delay and landed in BUD 2 hours late. Might it just have been the inner layer?

For such a tiny airline, Basia does have a lot of technical issues but then, they keep on wanting to buy this American crap, like the extremely safe and marvellous MAX, a modern marvel.
gojko88 and yurtripper like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TPJ
The other day, I decided to bid the lowest amount on an E90 flight. Not only my bid was accepted, but I also scored 1D - with amazing amount of legroom.

I had only my Smartphone with me and I could not see the booking class on lot.com. flysas.com shown I-class (*A redemption). To my surprise, TK credited me with full C miles.

Not that I complain, but I am not sure how Plusgrade really works.
Plusgrade bids should always book into regular fares for the upgraded class, so it's correct that you got your C miles.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New champagne coming in Elite soon. LP NV would be great.
gojko88 and yurtripper like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.