Wiki Posts
Search

LH Premium Economy seatmap no open seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
LH Premium Economy seatmap no open seats

I am planning a BOS-MUC trip. The non-stop on LH is tempting, but I'd have to do it in Premium Economy. I can buy the Premium Economy ticket, but the seat map is showing no available seats. I assume I'll get assigned a seat at checkin or even the gate, after upgrades and such clear. Right?

If none of those seats open up, what happens, Op Ups? Having no status, I'm sure that wouldn't happen to me. Is there any chance I get downgraded? Any insight into LH's track record in this regard? I read somewhere if they downgrade me, they need to refund 75% of my fair - but the reality is they could refund 100% of my fair and it would still be very bad for me to have to ride in regular E (very long legs, clots and such).

Thanks in advance for any insight here.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by PATRLR
I am planning a BOS-MUC trip. The non-stop on LH is tempting, but I'd have to do it in Premium Economy. I can buy the Premium Economy ticket, but the seat map is showing no available seats. I assume I'll get assigned a seat at checkin or even the gate, after upgrades and such clear. Right?

If none of those seats open up, what happens, Op Ups? Having no status, I'm sure that wouldn't happen to me. Is there any chance I get downgraded? Any insight into LH's track record in this regard? I read somewhere if they downgrade me, they need to refund 75% of my fair - but the reality is they could refund 100% of my fair and it would still be very bad for me to have to ride in regular E (very long legs, clots and such).
A downgrade from Y+ to Y is very uncommon and, in your case, an op up is also fairly unlikely. There will probably be some kind of elites in Y+ (LH's SENs and FTLs, as well as *G etc.) who would get op ups first, unless your Y+ ticket is in the highest booking class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.