Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Only LH group issued tickets have the revenue based logic.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Only LH group issued tickets have the revenue based logic.
Just had a credit of two LX flights (GVA-ZRH-BKK; 724 ticket stock, LX flight number and LX operated) from last thursday, ticket was booked/issued mid-April and surprisingly received the distance-based miles. In this case, I am happy as it was a super-cheap P-fare for which I would have received ~2k miles less if the revenue based logic would have been applied.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

As far as I understood it the revenue model applies if:

The ticket is issued by LH Group carriers: LH,LX,OS,SN,EW

But it is suspended if you:
- have a discounted IT fare (tour operators, corporate travel agents etc)
- have a corporate fare
- are rebooked and have your ticket reissued/exchanged (involuntary reroute, etc)
- codeshares are involved (even within LH group)
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:20 am

- have a corporate fare
- are rebooked and have your ticket reissued/exchanged (involuntary reroute, etc)
None of these 4 points applied. I booked the flights on swiss.com, no codeshare, no change ?! But the only thing the comes to my mind is that I remember now that I tried to apply my last 300 CHF LX flight voucher that used to be a benefit for having the Swiss M&M Amex Platinum Card (which was enhanced away this year, which is essentially a 300 CHF increase in annual fees for this CC ...). As in the 6 years before, I obtained an error message when entering the voucher code during booking, despite all the various conditions for the voucher applied (ticket prize >999 CHF, voucher still valid, flight departing from CH airport, all flights operated by LX under LX flight number, paid in CHF with M&M Amex Platinum card). After some back and forth, the LX SEN team booked the ticket. Still, fare etc remained the same. But his might indeed been the reason for not applying the revenue model.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:23 am

What did your ticket receipt say? If they manually priced it it should have sufficiently confused the M&M system to just default to the old scheme.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:55 am

What did your ticket receipt say? If they manually priced it it should have sufficiently confused the M&M system to just default to the old scheme.
not too confusing for me, but maybe for the M&M system ...:
Fare 1,944.00
Taxes InternationalSurcharge(YQ) 570.00

Airport Passenger Security & Noise Charge (CH) 58.70
Advance Passenger Processing User Charge (E7) 1.50
International Arrival and Departure Fees (G8) 0.50
Advance Passenger Processing User Charge (E7) 1.50
International Arrival and Departure Fees (G8) 0.50
Passenger Service Charge (TS) 22.00
Charges Fees* 30.00
Grand total 2,628.70
Form of payment Ticket/Fees: Credit Card American Express 2,328.70
Ticket/Fees: SWISS Internal deduct 300.00

Issued 10/4/2018
Issuer SERVICE CENTER
Issue place SWITZERLAND
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER

- have a corporate fare
I had a corperate travel agent fare which was rebooked in Y because of a cancellation and it turned out to be a OS codeshare on LH Metal.
Received revenue milage (and even a lot under the price)

So that logic doesnt apply here neither
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Not so for me:
22/06/2018 ZUERICH-WIEN +96M +125
OS552/OS552

Booked on LX website as LX3554 opr OS in L
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I am slighlty confused.
Ticket issued by SQ for routing:
AMD-BOM AI J
BOM-SIN SQ D
SIN-LHR SQ D

Ticket price cca €1300 in INR.
When I enter all this info into Miles and More app miles calculation, I get following:

Surely award miles should be same as status miles as not LH group issued? Is this app error or am I missing something.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:58 am

Yes app error, SQ issued tickets is normal/old scheme.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Seems as if they have done (or at least started) the crediting of the incorrectly calculated award miles: I just saw that I got the missing miles. Unfortunately, it's not visible in the app, as they took out the previous (wrong) miles amount and added a line "New Calculation" with an award miles amount.
However, if I see this right, this is the amount for the fare - and doesn't include the National Surcharge amount that was credited before already.

So - did the previous award amount stick in the award miles total (given it's not visible in the flight list anymore) ? Should have taken a screen shot
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Having looked at my own account after some time I found so many errors. I seriously wonder what LH did here. Messing up there entire M&M System because of either IT issues or incompetence. The old rule in business applies - if you have a complex system - don't try to make it even more complex because you loose control! I wonder how many people do not realize how many miles they donate this year to LH because of the new system (and they are not checking). Last, the new M&M calculator is so slow and complicated. If you show this to the new "app or IT Generation guys" - they cry tears when using it. Simplicity looks different. All in all this is a great example of over engineering to optimze without thinking about the customer.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:38 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
For my recent A/J flights - KBP-FRA-MUC-HKGxSIN-ZRH-KBP I received 45,905 status miles and 12,054 award miles. Quite a big difference between status and award miles!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by HKG1111
Having looked at my own account after some time I found so many errors. I seriously wonder what LH did here. Messing up there entire M&M System because of either IT issues or incompetence. The old rule in business applies - if you have a complex system - don't try to make it even more complex because you loose control! I wonder how many people do not realize how many miles they donate this year to LH because of the new system (and they are not checking). Last, the new M&M calculator is so slow and complicated. If you show this to the new "app or IT Generation guys" - they cry tears when using it. Simplicity looks different. All in all this is a great example of over engineering to optimze without thinking about the customer.
Complex and unpredictable, indeed. Again, the old system with less miles (which was LH's aim) would have been a better solution. LH could also have offered more miles for certain expensive fares.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by HKG1111
I am still waiting for the award miles to be correctly posted (where I have had an issue I have only been credited between 20 and 40% of what I was due) on a number of flights, which remains an incredibly frustrating process given that there are over 50 flights involved and it takes hours to recalculate. And the most annoying part about it is the attitude of MM: complete disregard for customers (at least in my case), with no proper communication and practically no reaction or results nearly 6 months after the change! So far only two flights were corrected, these were from end March and corrected in June and MM actually had the cheek to term the correction as "goodwill"?!

As much as I can understand that things can go wrong, at some stage (which should be now, given that things are going wrong for nearly half an year) you have to own up to your mistakes and deal with your customers in a fair manner (and not, for all practical purposes, continue to cheat them out of what you promised them, and even that in an arrogant way: MM is not doing me a favor when sorting out their own failings). E.g., if after 6 months you still can't get even the corrections right, at least credit those incorrect transactions under the old system. Anyway, the handling of this by LH has prompted me to reduce LH group travel to the unavoidable minimum.

Incidentally, given that it seems (at least according to press reports) the correct crediting of miles is still affecting quite a lot of people I am somewhat surprised that the Flyertalk discussion on the topic seems somewhat subdued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.