Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX vs. LH in F

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by dsched
Is there only a spa in the FCL and not in the FCT? Or am I mixing it up with ZRH?
I would like to take advantage of that while I am there. My flights not for months yet but all the talk of the amenities is making me really excited.
No spa at the FCT, only at the FCL. But nothing to write much home about...
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by andywaw
The PA came up and invited me to the plane (to the limo actually) every time I was in FCL Terminal B as well.
That is not the procedure at FCL B, they ask you to come & wait at the desk area at a certain time they pre determined or scheduled boarding time, sure if you if you ignore that request, they will have to come & find you, totally different from FCT
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

I really like the staff at the FCL in B and have also always been reminded of my departure.
Sure the Staff there are great, same Staff who move between FCT & FCL’s 😉

Really ? & they did not ask you to be at the desk/ reception area at a specific time ?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No spa at the FCT, only at the FCL. But nothing to write much home about...
Spa at FCL B is same service as SEN B allegedly although not been there in many years, just what Staff told me, & you have to pay for the Spa unlike TG at BKK where in F it’s complimentary but also EK & CX, even BA at CCR
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Sure the Staff there are great, same Staff who move between FCT & FCL’s 😉

Really ? & they did not ask you to be at the desk/ reception area at a specific time ?
With staff, as mentioned earlier, I meant particularly the service personnel in the restaurant area. There are two I‘ve encountered frequently (one male and one female) in the FCT and never in the FCL who could be more welcoming.

No, the PA at the lounge came to pick me up from my seat at the window.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:19 pm

Spa at FCL B is same service as SEN B allegedly although not been there in many years, just what Staff told me, & you have to pay for the Spa unlike TG at BKK where in F it’s complimentary but also EK & CX, even BA at CCR
That‘s what I meant be nothing much to write home about.

The spa offer is actually the poorest offer at the F facilities.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:47 pm

That‘s what I meant be nothing much to write home about.
The spa offer is actually the poorest offer at the F facilities.</div>
That's a pity but it's not a big deal to me. Just with a few hours to kill it would be nice . What is the equivalent like in ZRH ?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, the PA at the lounge came to pick me up from my seat at the window.
Surprised if that happened every time....
Point I’m trying to make is that at FCT you have a dedicated PA assigned upon arrival at FCT & if the shift changes while you are there they come & introduce you to the replacement.

At FCL A & B they don’t have dedicated PA’ s assigned, it’s never been staffed that way.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:53 am

Point I’m trying to make is that at FCT you have a dedicated PA assigned upon arrival at FCT & if the shift changes while you are there they come & introduce you to the replacement.
I am usually not there for so long (e.g. last time the PA said when I entered that she would come and get me in 45 minutes...) and also not so often, as I try to avoid FRA as much as possible. The vast majority of my F-travel is now via ZRH and MUC, as I like both airports better than FRA and both lounges (with outdoor terraces overlooking the airport) better than anything LH offers at FRA. Use FRA only when I go to places like GIG.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold

Surprised if that happened every time....

At FCL A & B they don’t have dedicated PA’ s assigned, it’s never been staffed that way.

I am usually not there for so long (e.g. last time the PA said when I entered that she would come and get me in 45 minutes...) and also not so often, as I try to avoid FRA as much as possible. The vast majority of my F-travel is now via ZRH and MUC, as I like both airports better than FRA and both lounges (with outdoor terraces overlooking the airport) better than anything LH offers at FRA. Use FRA only when I go to places like GIG.
To me, the benefit of flying LH through FRA is not having to worry about where to go and how the airport is laid out, as I know if I head to the FCT I'll be driven to my plane.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have a similar dilemna, flying out to Hong Kong from the UK and looking at LH F from either Fra or Muc or LX.

i used to live in Munich and appreciated the airport at MUC, is the treatment for F on par with Fra?

i flew back from HKG a few days ago on Cathay F into SFO. Out of all the first class products I have been on Cathays hard product is superb and certainly deserves a special mention.

Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
I have a similar dilemna, flying out to Hong Kong from the UK and looking at LH F from either Fra or Muc or LX.

i used to live in Munich and appreciated the airport at MUC, is the treatment for F on par with Fra?
Particularly for connecting passengers, I would consider the MUC experience easily on par if not superior to FRA.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navatwal

i flew back from HKG a few days ago on Cathay F into SFO. Out of all the first class products I have been on Cathays hard product is superb and certainly deserves a special mention.

Why not do LX outbound, best catering ex ZRH IMO & the hard product on the 777 beats CX for me.
LH inbound via MUC, better ground experience over FRA.
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.