FlyEasy - Croatia Airlines' new fare option

Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, BA Gold, Marriott Plat
FlyEasy - Croatia Airlines' new fare option

I have discovered a new fare option, FlyEasy, on Croatia Airlines, and it's basically a hand-baggage-only fare. So as a star alliance gold member (SQ) will I get one free checked-in bag if I book that fare?

The webpage about the new fare: http://www.croatiaairlines.com/Plan-...rdable-prices/
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
No you will not get a free bag, same as LH light.... very good for me as a weekly OU customer... they had to comply with LH since they are more or less only a LH feeder...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:43 am

You will get one up to 23kgs: http://www.croatiaairlines.com/Travel-info/Baggage/Checked-baggage
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
Croatian Airlines charges a wonderful 15 euro "ticket service charge" per ticket to book a flight on their own website. Expedia, Orbits, and other 3rd party sites do not charge this fee meaning that it is cheaper to book a Croatian Airlines flight on just about any other website other than their own. However, I can only ever book the FlyEasy (VEASY1) fares on 3rd party websites. These do not include a checked bag. I would really like to book a FlyOpti (VOPTI1) fare which does include a bad and the added cost of the fare is significantly less than the checked bag fee is separately. Does anyone know a way I can book a FlyOpti fare and avoid the ticket service charge? Is there a 3rd party site I can use for this?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by rcurry01
Croatian Airlines charges a wonderful 15 euro "ticket service charge" per ticket to book a flight on their own website. Expedia, Orbits, and other 3rd party sites do not charge this fee meaning that it is cheaper to book a Croatian Airlines flight on just about any other website other than their own. However, I can only ever book the FlyEasy (VEASY1) fares on 3rd party websites. These do not include a checked bag. I would really like to book a FlyOpti (VOPTI1) fare which does include a bad and the added cost of the fare is significantly less than the checked bag fee is separately. Does anyone know a way I can book a FlyOpti fare and avoid the ticket service charge? Is there a 3rd party site I can use for this?
by default it shows you the no checked bag fares... in swoodoo you have the option to tick checked bag included... should also work for the others but swoodoo has it for sure....
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
by default it shows you the no checked bag fares... in swoodoo you have the option to tick checked bag included... should also work for the others but swoodoo has it for sure....
This isn’t working it just removes the flight I want from the list rather than going to a higher fare class.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
So figured I would bump rather than start a new fare. Just posting my first experience with a FlyEasy fare. Online, even after online check-in with *G it was saying I would need to pay for a bag. However, at the airport, there was no problem and the bag was checked, no questions asked. So if anybody else is not sure about which fare to purchase, based on the bag, I would say don't worry about it. You shouldn't have any problem getting 1 free piece as *G.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:45 pm

I am trying to decide which fare to purchase. I don't have gold status. Will they allow a US sized carry-on?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QR
Originally Posted by miAAflyer
I am trying to decide which fare to purchase. I don't have gold status. Will they allow a US sized carry-on?
Pretty much. But to be more specific:

This is what they will allow for sure: 1 carry-on up to 8 kg in weight and 115 cm (55x40x20 cm) + 1 personal item that can be a smaller bag or a briefcase. There's a chance they'll ask if you want to check in your carry-on on busier flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.