Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Is there any way to obtain the booking class when booking on lufthansa.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G

Headline says it all - I can't figure out a way of getting the actual booking class when attempting to book a flight on lufthansa.com. The "Do you need help with booking online" phone number forwards the call a couple of times and then gives a nice busy signal.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
After you do the search and are given the flight options, when you click on one of the options, a link "Show booking claases" apears. Clicking on it shows you the booking class for each type of fare displyed for that option
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:28 am
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Originally Posted by gusd
After you do the search and are given the flight options, when you click on one of the options, a link "Show booking claases" apears. Clicking on it shows you the booking class for each type of fare displyed for that option
Unfortunately the 'Show booking class' button is not available on Multi-city searches
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:33 am

In that case, once you have selected all your flights and get to the summary page Your Flights, under flight schedule it shows the cabin followed by the booking class, e.g. Business (P) or Economy (S)
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
Thanks all - found the "show booking classes" link, but I could have sworn it was not there when I posted this thread ... or I'm getting too old for this.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:32 am

Could be an IT glitch. Had it happen recently as well where "show booking classes" was MIA.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by ObserverA3
Headline says it all - I can't figure out a way of getting the actual booking class when attempting to book a flight on lufthansa.com. The "Do you need help with booking online" phone number forwards the call a couple of times and then gives a nice busy signal.
Put the flights on, even in multy city, when the flights are displayed you click the desired combination, the menu drops down and you get seveal options in green or blue or whatsoever. if you click the fare conditions you get drop down window displaying all three or four options, with booking classes, the miles earned, fare rules...this option is available only on app via mobile or app site.
It works perfect. I did it several times there days.
It is not so easy while booking via web desktop. There is no booking class shown, but the names of the fares...which is not so easy to understand. But there is a show booking classes button, and the actual classes are displayed.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:22 am
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
For multi-segment searches I normally use United's website which nicely displays prices and fare classes.
Not always a 100% match to lh.com but mostly so.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: LH SEN; CZ GOLD; CC Concierge; SPG PLAT
Maybe a bit off topic: I am wondering how to book the fare (say Y) you want via LH.com? Normally only one fare (most of time, the lowest) was displayed and you can choose only from 'light', 'classic' and 'flex'...
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:31 am

You can book a top of the line Y if you select the "I want to use my segments out of order" box on the advance search. Other then that, you have to call or use a TA. United.com let's you choose a booking class as well (but you may still end up in Y light for example).
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:37 am

Unfortunately not possible on lufthansa.com
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by chudu17
Maybe a bit off topic: I am wondering how to book the fare (say Y) you want via LH.com? Normally only one fare (most of time, the lowest) was displayed and you can choose only from 'light', 'classic' and 'flex'...
Not possible on lh.com, as far as I know.

You can try to book on the website of a fully integrated partner (LX, OS...) or a codeshare partner and sometimes you get other booking classes there.

But for a good travel agency it shouldn't be a problem. They don't use lh.com.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:07 am

Since LH, LX,... have introduced the light, classic, flex fares in Eco, the websites normally only display the cheapest available booking class.
LH and LX managers at events told me that >95 % of the people want to book the cheapest available fare, so higher booking classes are not displayed anymore.
If you want to book higher booking classes, you need either to call the airline or book at an airline ticketing desk at the airport or through a travel agent.
Personally I normally book via my travel agent.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: LH SEN; CZ GOLD; CC Concierge; SPG PLAT
Thnx guys. My firm now is using concur instead of the previous TA, some rules are applied and as an employee, I could not change it. For some Biz trips, I have my own budget/agreed higher budget than what concur could offer. I may contact LH directly next time to get a better offer.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Concur will also look for the cheapest booking class, no way around it. But it does show the booking class during the selection process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.