Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EC261 Compensation by Condor

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:44 am

Thanks again to this forum for the helpful advice I got here.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by superchromix
Condor finally got back to me. They have offered either a 375 euro flight voucher or a 300 euro cash settlement.

Is 300 euros the correct amount that I would normally be entitled to for a flight which is delayed by just over 4 hours?
Just over 4 hours would be full 600, however, you were just over three hours by your original post, which means that the airline can pay 50% of delay (as the actual arrival was less than four hour after original planned arrival, per this category of flight).

300 EUR is therefore correct.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Just over 4 hours would be full 600, however, you were just over three hours by your original post, which means that the airline can pay 50% of delay (as the actual arrival was less than four hour after original planned arrival, per this category of flight).

300 EUR is therefore correct.
You are right of course, so 300€ is correct. Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Downgrade reimbursement got rejected [Condor]

Hi all,

my return flight from PIT to FRA (PIT-FRA-KRK) in Premium Economy was cancelled so the agent rebooked me to the next day and gave me a hand-written (yes) itinerary (PIT-JFK-WAW-KRK). Next day, after check-in I realized that the class is Economy.

I filed a complaint to Condor and their answer was:
"According to our research, you did not have a booking made directly with Condor. We therefore kindly ask you, to contact your booking travel agency for a partial refund of your ticket. Your understanding is appreciated."

Travel agency applied for a reimbursement via BSP and it got rejected with reason specified as
"Ticket of Customer in Contact with Customer relation can't be refunded. revenue integrity rol 181029 RA".

They don't know what it means. Does anybody of you know how to translate this message and "status code"?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Go after Condor via the EU 261 system and take the 600€ plus downgrade comp (75%). The gibberish message to your TA probably means they claim that you accepted the downgraded rebooking.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:18 am

Yes, I already got 600€ in compensation. But for the reimbursement they act like it's the TA business from now? I wasn't aware of the fact that I am rebooked to Economy until check-in. But boarding a plane means accepting downgrade, right? I just wanted to know if there is any specific reason or what "181029" reason means.

Last edited by vladko; Jan 21, 2020 at 5:27 am
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:29 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by vladko
Yes, I already got 600€ in compensation. But for the reimbursement they act like it's the TA business from now? I wasn't aware of the fact the I am rebooked to Economy until check-in. But boarding a plane means accepting downgrade, right? I just wanted to know if there is any specific reason or what "181029" reason means.
It certainly does not mean you voluntarily accepted the downgrade. If the agent didn't inform you how could you accept?
This should be seen as invol. downgrad and make 75% of the return ticket price be paid as refund to you. It is certainly Condors problem and not your TAs.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
File a claim for a downgrade refund of 75% of the segment value for PIT-FRA. It will be for Condor to prove that you voluntarily accepted the downgrade. It is close to a certainty that the agent who rebooked you annotated your PNR as a voluntary reroute and that has led to this problem. You will need to be very clear that you were neither asked whether you would accept the downgrade nor did you agree.

So that you can better prepare for the inevitable argument here, ask your TA to contact Condot and obtain an exact definition for the basis of the refund denial.

The fact that you paid the TA is irrelevant. A convenience had this worked out, but it did not. Accordingly, Condor owes you and if it can recover from the TA, that is between Condor and the TA.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:01 am

This flight was part of a business trip paid by my employer but I still want Condor to reimbruse the amount, even if my employer doesn't care (sigh).

I will contact Condor again.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the downgrade payment goes to the individual traveler for the inconvenience/discomfort and not the employer or other entity that may have paid for the ticket but you might want to check your employer's rules on this.

It's 75% of the fare for the segment and not a refund of the fare difference, to be paid by the operating carrier, Condor.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the downgrade payment goes to the individual traveler for the inconvenience/discomfort and not the employer or other entity that may have paid for the ticket but you might want to check your employer's rules on this.

It's 75% of the fare for the segment and not a refund of the fare difference, to be paid by the operating carrier, Condor.
261/2004 uses words like compensation and reimbursement. I think "compensation" goes to the traveller and "reimbursement" goes back to the account from which a ticket was booked (or lowered invoice price).
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:58 am
Suspended

261/2004 uses words like compensation and reimbursement. I think "compensation" goes to the traveller and "reimbursement" goes back to the account from which a ticket was booked (or lowered invoice price).
That will be the case if the TA issues the refund. However, carriers issue the refund to the passenger. Many employers would require that downgrade refunds be paid over to them and some even do so for delay compensation. But, that is a separate issue.

Having learned that this was a business trip and presuming that the TA is your employer's TA, why not drop this back in the TA's lap and with your employer as well. They have more leverage than you and, to be frank, if your employer doesn't care and you would pay over that refund to your employer in any event, why not leave it alone? This is less than a rounding error to Condor so it won't change the carrier's behavior, not will the contract employee at PIT be affected.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The OP was rebooked, presented with an itinerary, the OP found out (too) late that this was Economy rather than PE - how can this be an invol. downgrade? The OP accepted the itinerary and once the OP realised that this was for Economy the OP proceeded with the flights...This is nowhere near invol. downgrade under the EU reg.

Anyway, if the reimbursement will end up with your employer (which it rightfully should IMO) why do you waste time on this? Move on and be happy that you received EUR 600. Just my cents...
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:58 am

Well, I didn't want you to argue whether this is involuntary downgrade or not. There are so many threads about this topic.

My question was about reason specified by Condor via BSP. I wrote them so I hope they will elaborate more on this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:51 am
Suspended

Well, I didn't want you to argue whether this is involuntary downgrade or not. There are so many threads about this topic.

My question was about reason specified by Condor via BSP. I wrote them so I hope they will elaborate more on this.
On that specific issue, it is for your TA to figure it out. If it does not know, it may contact Condor through it's commercial channels and ask. I would not accept a "we don't know" from a vendor which is paid to know this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.