Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Gaz777
Recently flew Lhr-Zrh-Sin-Syd return in biz class and my account is showing something strange on two of the flight sectors. On the the return leg, the Syd-Sin and Sin -Zrh flights are listed on my account but stating my name is not on the passenger list!! So no points are issued. I can confirm I was on the flights as Mrs Gaz was sitting next to me and has already received her points for the entirety. I have contacted the Miles and More team but as yet have had no reply. Has anyone else had this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.
​​​​
Yes, happened to me a few times but not recently, M&M were able to sort it out.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tuchop
Hi everyone, I'm planning my first trip with LH F after a long time and have a question about FCT access in FRA/MUC
I'll be flying EZE-FRA in F then FRA-MUC in J and MUC-DME in J (same day). I assume I'll get FCT access in FRA because of the incoming F flight from EZE
.. but what about MUC?
Yes, FCT in Frankfurt as long as it is one ticket & MUC FCL as well since it’s just a connection to DME on a F ticket.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: MP, MM, HH Diamond
I have a silly question.. does LH allow paying for an upfare within the same class and still allow you to upgrade to a higher class? (e.g H->B/Y, B/Y->D)

I was told booking an upgrade (H->E) would block the ability to then go from Prem. Eco to Bus. (which looks like it would be an E->Z anyway and H upgrades to Z -- would make no sense!)
Old May 11, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I'm new to LH. If I fly in F from SIN to FRA, then connecting in J to MAN, do I have access to the F lounge in FRA? Thanks.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, all FCL in A&B and the FCT.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, AF Silver, IHG Gold, Sixt Plat,
Seat Reservations on Codeshare. (Sigh)

Hi folks, the age old question.

Im flying tomorrow from IAH - FRA, originally booked on United.com. United flight number but operated by Lufthansa.

Checkin opened and tried to do a seat reservation on United but at no point did it allow me to book any seats. Tried to use the LH booking code on LH’s website but it just redirects me to use United. Called Lufthansa and they told me to call the website department.

I’m flying MSY - IAH, IAH -FRA, FRA - TXL.

Perhaps I cannot pick a seat because the IAH - FRA is more than 23 hours out?

Any tips here? Nobody in customer service is being helpful.

Thanks!
Old May 11, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: MP, MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by behtyas
I have a silly question.. does LH allow paying for an upfare within the same class and still allow you to upgrade to a higher class? (e.g H->B/Y, B/Y->D)

I was told booking an upgrade (H->E) would block the ability to then go from Prem. Eco to Bus. (which looks like it would be an E->Z anyway and H upgrades to Z -- would make no sense!)
Just in case anyone comes back to this with a similar question -- Quick chat with a very helpful Lufthansa service agent let me know (at least in my case) that since Z was closed, any cash upgrades were also closed regardless of the Econ class. However, even though Z shows 0 availability, apparently airport upgrades will not book into Z and instead book into non-cash upgrade codes that would fill J/C/D. *Note this statement is for cash only, not for upfare then award upgrades, and < T-14.

(If I'm completely wrong, please call me out on it - this was my understanding only.)
Old May 11, 2018, 3:42 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sabdhabi
I'm new to LH. If I fly in F from SIN to FRA, then connecting in J to MAN, do I have access to the F lounge in FRA? Thanks.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, all FCL in A&B and the FCT.
I believe SIN is now considered a clean country for security purposes. If you arrive at a Z gate you can go to the FCL B without re-clearing security but you will have to go through passport control twice - to A and through the tunnel to B. Assuming you can enter Schengen without a visa going through passport control and walking to the FCT might be the best option regardless of your arrival gate.

Check this thread for the comparison of the FCL B and the FCT. The FCL A is not suitable as it is in Schengen.
The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ
Old May 12, 2018, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by chris63

You can book the award online & then call in to add the lap infant.
Your booking the award so yes, you can call to add the infant.
Also when you call you can request seats with bassinet facility.
Just minimal amount of taxes to pay depending on route.
That was extremely painless, and I didn't even have to pay anything on top of the adult taxes. Nice.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:33 pm

Hello there, I still have options to upgrade in Lufthansa website, I just want to know is it worth the upgrade for the price?
FRA - SIN to premium economy for USD 360
FRA- SIN to Business Class for USD 864

Thank you
Old May 12, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: points traveller
hi all - thanks for the help so far. i've now got ORD-FRA-ATH booked in F/J thanks to the lifemiles promo.

now to add the infant - any ideas how much I'll be out of pocket? is it 10% of the commercial fare? have been quoted $1,300 which looks like 10% of the fare. was hoping i'd only be up for the taxes. Would i have a better outcome trying to add him via the LM ticket?
Old May 13, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ghojezz
Hello there, I still have options to upgrade in Lufthansa website, I just want to know is it worth the upgrade for the price?
FRA - SIN to premium economy for USD 360
FRA- SIN to Business Class for USD 864

Thank you
Only you can decide if it’s worth it to you.

You can also consider how much a PE & Biz ticket costs on that route & how much you paid already for your Y ticket.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diningdecadence
hi all - thanks for the help so far. i've now got ORD-FRA-ATH booked in F/J thanks to the lifemiles promo.

now to add the infant - any ideas how much I'll be out of pocket? is it 10% of the commercial fare? have been quoted $1,300 which looks like 10% of the fare. was hoping i'd only be up for the taxes. Would i have a better outcome trying to add him via the LM ticket?
How old is the infant, are you looking lap infant with no additional seat ? In that case it’s just taxes & should be added to the existing ticket, so that would be LM.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:37 pm

Only you can decide if it’s worth it to you.

You can also consider how much a PE & Biz ticket costs on that route & how much you paid already for your Y ticket.
Ah sorry I forgot something, it's an open jaw ticket, so MUN - SIN
Actually I paid $1100 for the open jaw tickets, CGK - FRA, VIE - CGK.

CGK - SIN Eco B
SIN - FRA PE N

VIE - MUN Eco L
MUN - SIN Eco L
SIN - CGK Eco L

FRA - SIN is L ticket, however it's eligible for an upgrade even though when I booked it says ineligible for upgrade.

Based on your opinion, do you think it's worth to upgrade?

Last edited by ghojezz; May 13, 2018 at 11:34 pm
Old May 13, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: points traveller

How old is the infant, are you looking lap infant with no additional seat ? In that case it’s just taxes & should be added to the existing ticket, so that would be LM.
will be <1 year by then and yep lap infant.

i found this - https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/Trav...n-for-children - which suggests i might be out of luck?
  • Infant fare: babies (0-2 years) not taking up a seat travel free of charge on domestic German routes or for 10% of the regular fare on all other routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.